|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 03:05 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 --
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight, the on-demand mobile hotel booking app, unveiled a suite of features today at Google I/O in San Francisco. Themed around the hotel stay of the future, HotelTonight introduced and demoed several future enhancements for its Android app, including "Express Check-In" and Brivo Labs-powered "Keyless Entry." HotelTonight is the first online travel agency to introduce mobile check-in and keyless entry features to customers.
- At a high level, these new features further HotelTonight's commitment to bring innovative mobile technology to hotels, not only as part of the booking process but also throughout the entire hotel stay.
- Google I/O is an annual developer conference featuring highly technical, in-depth sessions, and showcasing the latest from Google's product teams and partners. This year, HotelTonight was invited to demo its Android application and connect with attendees developer-to-developer to answer questions and exchange ideas.
- Today, at Google I/O, HotelTonight showcased the following new features for its Android app:
- Express Check-In:
- Overview: HotelTonight guests can bypass the check-in process and get right to enjoying their night.
- Here's how it works: HotelTonight customers can check in to their room with just 2 taps on the app! They'll be notified when their room is ready, and can go straight to the front desk to pick up keys and head to the room.
- Availability: The Express Check-In feature is currently in pilot with select hotels on the HotelTonight iPhone app, and will be rolling out to additional hotels and Android in the coming weeks.
- Keyless Entry, Powered by Brivo Labs:
- Overview: HotelTonight customers will be able to unlock their hotel rooms with the app on Android devices using NFC capabilities and Brivo Labs' SAM API.
- Here's how it works: Open the HotelTonight app, hold the device up to the lock and that's it! The door will automatically unlock after a few seconds. No more lost or demagnetized keys.
- Availability: HotelTonight and Brivo Labs are in talks with several global hotel chains to debut this feature in the future.
- Other Features:
- Overview: HotelTonight is helping customers search for and quickly find hotels near millions of cities and points of interest across the globe using Google's Places Autocomplete API. Additionally, HotelTonight customers can now explore the hotels' surroundings through 360-degree images with Google Street View and easily view all the details of their upcoming bookings through Google Now. With Google Now, users can quickly get directions, call the hotel, view their email receipt, and, in one tap, access their current booking in the HotelTonight app. Finally, booking and payment are made simple with the integration of Google Sign-In and Google Wallet Instant Buy. Both Sign-In and Wallet make for a seamless experience within the app and make it even easier for HotelTonight customers to book a last-minute hotel room.
- Availability: These features are all currently live on Version 4.4.4 of the HotelTonight Android app.
- Stop by the HotelTonight kiosk at Google I/O in San Francisco's Moscone West Convention Center from June 25-26, 2014 to use the app and see these new features in action!
- Express Check-In:
- HotelTonight's recently announced "Look Ahead" feature is also now live for all Android customers. Look Ahead empowers people to be more spontaneous with their travel by giving customers a snapshot of last-minute room rates and expected savings, hotel availability and other location-specific information for the upcoming week.
- In June alone, HotelTonight added more than thirty US destinations, dozens of new European locales, and also recently opened doors in Panama. HotelTonight now has over 10 million downloads, 10,000+ hotel partners in 27 countries and is in more than 400 destinations worldwide.
- Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $80 million in funding and established itself as a leader in mobile travel. By delighting its customers with a beautiful product that's easy and natural for anyone to use, HotelTonight is breathing new life into the travel industry and fundamentally changing the way people think about booking hotel stays.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone and Tablet and all Android devices. Download the app here: http://www.hoteltonight.com/now
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at 9am local time, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel rooms at great values in over 400 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking. Guests can book stays of up to five-nights on the app.
- All hotels are vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2am local time.
Sam Shank, CEO and Co-Founder, HotelTonight:
"Changing the way people think about booking a hotel room has been our mission from the start. In the last three years, we've proven that it doesn't have to be a long and arduous process. While booking a room only takes 10 seconds on the HT app, the check-in process could often be time-consuming. We conceptualized Express Check-In and Keyless Entry to make this a more seamless, HT-style experience. This enables our hotel partners to focus their energy on doing what they do best: providing great service to their guests. We're really excited to help people not only find great hotels at great deals, but also help them quickly get straight to enjoying their night."
Justin Schultz, Lead Android Engineer and Noted Billy Ocean Enthusiast, HotelTonight:
"We're excited to unveil these features at Google I/O and show attendees our vision of the seamless hotel stay. Building phone and tablet apps on the Android platform and collaborating with other Google products has been great for both HotelTonight and our millions of Android customers."
HotelTonight was launched in 2011 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in 400 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California with a London-based European office, HotelTonight is backed by Coatue Management, top venture firms and leading travel-industry pioneers. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2626301
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,481
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 3, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,064
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band-aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It does...
Dec. 3, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 820
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 3, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 1,624
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 3, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 790
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Dec. 3, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 2,136
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Dec. 3, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 3,925
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 826
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 3, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 451
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 491
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Dec. 3, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 6,005
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 3, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 6,928
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web ...
Dec. 3, 2016 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,203
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,721
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 3, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,525
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 1,502
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 793
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 3, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,528
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 918
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,985