|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 03:05 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 --
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight, the on-demand mobile hotel booking app, unveiled a suite of features today at Google I/O in San Francisco. Themed around the hotel stay of the future, HotelTonight introduced and demoed several future enhancements for its Android app, including "Express Check-In" and Brivo Labs-powered "Keyless Entry." HotelTonight is the first online travel agency to introduce mobile check-in and keyless entry features to customers.
- At a high level, these new features further HotelTonight's commitment to bring innovative mobile technology to hotels, not only as part of the booking process but also throughout the entire hotel stay.
- Google I/O is an annual developer conference featuring highly technical, in-depth sessions, and showcasing the latest from Google's product teams and partners. This year, HotelTonight was invited to demo its Android application and connect with attendees developer-to-developer to answer questions and exchange ideas.
- Today, at Google I/O, HotelTonight showcased the following new features for its Android app:
- Express Check-In:
- Overview: HotelTonight guests can bypass the check-in process and get right to enjoying their night.
- Here's how it works: HotelTonight customers can check in to their room with just 2 taps on the app! They'll be notified when their room is ready, and can go straight to the front desk to pick up keys and head to the room.
- Availability: The Express Check-In feature is currently in pilot with select hotels on the HotelTonight iPhone app, and will be rolling out to additional hotels and Android in the coming weeks.
- Keyless Entry, Powered by Brivo Labs:
- Overview: HotelTonight customers will be able to unlock their hotel rooms with the app on Android devices using NFC capabilities and Brivo Labs' SAM API.
- Here's how it works: Open the HotelTonight app, hold the device up to the lock and that's it! The door will automatically unlock after a few seconds. No more lost or demagnetized keys.
- Availability: HotelTonight and Brivo Labs are in talks with several global hotel chains to debut this feature in the future.
- Other Features:
- Overview: HotelTonight is helping customers search for and quickly find hotels near millions of cities and points of interest across the globe using Google's Places Autocomplete API. Additionally, HotelTonight customers can now explore the hotels' surroundings through 360-degree images with Google Street View and easily view all the details of their upcoming bookings through Google Now. With Google Now, users can quickly get directions, call the hotel, view their email receipt, and, in one tap, access their current booking in the HotelTonight app. Finally, booking and payment are made simple with the integration of Google Sign-In and Google Wallet Instant Buy. Both Sign-In and Wallet make for a seamless experience within the app and make it even easier for HotelTonight customers to book a last-minute hotel room.
- Availability: These features are all currently live on Version 4.4.4 of the HotelTonight Android app.
- Stop by the HotelTonight kiosk at Google I/O in San Francisco's Moscone West Convention Center from June 25-26, 2014 to use the app and see these new features in action!
- Express Check-In:
- HotelTonight's recently announced "Look Ahead" feature is also now live for all Android customers. Look Ahead empowers people to be more spontaneous with their travel by giving customers a snapshot of last-minute room rates and expected savings, hotel availability and other location-specific information for the upcoming week.
- In June alone, HotelTonight added more than thirty US destinations, dozens of new European locales, and also recently opened doors in Panama. HotelTonight now has over 10 million downloads, 10,000+ hotel partners in 27 countries and is in more than 400 destinations worldwide.
- Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $80 million in funding and established itself as a leader in mobile travel. By delighting its customers with a beautiful product that's easy and natural for anyone to use, HotelTonight is breathing new life into the travel industry and fundamentally changing the way people think about booking hotel stays.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone and Tablet and all Android devices. Download the app here: http://www.hoteltonight.com/now
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at 9am local time, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel rooms at great values in over 400 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking. Guests can book stays of up to five-nights on the app.
- All hotels are vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2am local time.
Sam Shank, CEO and Co-Founder, HotelTonight:
"Changing the way people think about booking a hotel room has been our mission from the start. In the last three years, we've proven that it doesn't have to be a long and arduous process. While booking a room only takes 10 seconds on the HT app, the check-in process could often be time-consuming. We conceptualized Express Check-In and Keyless Entry to make this a more seamless, HT-style experience. This enables our hotel partners to focus their energy on doing what they do best: providing great service to their guests. We're really excited to help people not only find great hotels at great deals, but also help them quickly get straight to enjoying their night."
Justin Schultz, Lead Android Engineer and Noted Billy Ocean Enthusiast, HotelTonight:
"We're excited to unveil these features at Google I/O and show attendees our vision of the seamless hotel stay. Building phone and tablet apps on the Android platform and collaborating with other Google products has been great for both HotelTonight and our millions of Android customers."
HotelTonight was launched in 2011 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in 400 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California with a London-based European office, HotelTonight is backed by Coatue Management, top venture firms and leading travel-industry pioneers. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2626301
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sheng Liang to Keynote at SYS-CON's 19th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1-3, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,669
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,500
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,411
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,505
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,311
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,267
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,865
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 818
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,950
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,346
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 652
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,441
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Oct. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,762
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 585
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,832
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,660
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,132
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,985
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,471