|By Business Wire||
|May 29, 2014 02:32 PM EDT||
WSO2 today announced the guest speakers for WSO2Con Europe 2014. Featured keynote presenters from Cisco, Redmonk and SUSE will be joined by several guest speakers representing enterprise customers and third-party solution providers. Together, they will look at the market forces, technology developments, and best practices moving organizations to become connected businesses.
WSO2’s sixth user conference will be held June 16-18, 2014 at Hotel Rey Juan Carlos in Barcelona, Spain. In addition to the keynotes and guest presentations, the three-day event also features several other technical sessions and tutorials aimed at solving IT professionals’ enterprise integration and management issues. For more information, visit http://eu14.wso2con.com.
Keynotes Will Capture Enterprise’s Evolution Toward a Connected Business
A confluence of technology developments, including the cloud, mobile, APIs, social media and open source, is enabling enterprises to create new connections across employees, customers and partners. The connected businesses that capitalize on these technologies are gaining a competitive edge through new models of agility, business collaboration, monetization and efficiency. WSO2Con Europe 2014 is focused on empowering enterprises with the technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected business. Details of the full agenda are available at http://eu14.wso2con.com/agenda.
At WSO2Con Europe 2014, keynote presenters will explore the emerging technologies that are enabling the connected business, presenting key concepts around the application of technology to build a lean and agile connected business environment. They include:
- Luca Martini, Cisco Distinguished Engineer leads the Cisco virtualization strategy in two major areas: mobility and home broadband access. He has been involved in the Internet engineering task force (IETF) for the past 15 years, contributing to many IETF standards. Luca will discuss the role of intelligent orchestration and how it is more than simply a Web services engine.
- James Governor, Redmonk Founder and Principal Analyst, leads coverage in the enterprise applications space, assisting with application development, integration middleware and systems management issues. He also has served as an industry expert for television and radio segments with media, such as the BBC. James will examine how open source middleware contributes to the connected business.
- Alan Clark, SUSE Director of Industry Initiatives, Emerging Standards and Open Source, also serves as the chairman of the board at OpenStack. Alan has developed a reputation in fostering the creation, growth, awareness and adoption of open source and open standards across the technology sector. He will explore the evolution of open source cloud platforms in enabling the connected business.
Guest Speakers Highlight Key Priorities of the Connected Enterprise
Joining the keynote presenters at WSO2Con Europe 2014 will be guest speakers who represent some of the world’s leading technology innovators across a broad cross section of markets. These experts: customers, systems integrators, and other third-party solution providers, will present case studies and key concepts around the practical application of technologies to accelerate development and support a connected business model. Featured guest presenters and topics are:
- Case Study: How one of the largest grid management companies uses the complete WSO2 stack to provide a single platform for development of services, Daniël Palstra, Yenlo
- Case Study: Glue Your SaaS Applications Together Using WSO2, Yann Le Blevec PhD, Smartwave SA
- Case Study: CSI Ecosystem Using WSO2 Technology, Fabrizio Barbero, Director of Integration, CSI-Piemonte
- Creating a Master Data Management Solution with WSO2 Products, Giuseppe Bertone, Solution Architect, AlmavivA S.p.A.
- Case Study: redBorder’s Horama CEP Engine, Jaime Nebrera, ENEO Tecnologia
- Case Study: How WSO2 supports Deutsche Telekom implementing an eCare platform including an intelligent emergency call system, Sven-juergen Laemke, T-Systems International GmbH
- Transforming the Business: Building a Next-Generation Big Data Processing Platform, Phil Smith, CIO, Transactis
- Case Study: SOA ‘a-la Russe’, Alexey Smirnov, Head of Integration Solutions Practice, CROC Inc.
- Case Study: How WSO2 Helps Small and Medium Enterprises Adopt SOA, Cyril Rognon, CTO, Emoxa
- Case Study: WSO2 in Social Protection Context, Gabriel Popa, Independent Consultant, Iello-Dev srl
- Case Study: Building a state-of-the-art personal identity management platform with SOA and WSO2, Nestor Fernandez, Barcelona Digital Technology Centre
Complementing the guest presentations will be a series of sessions and in-depth tutorials delivered by leading technical experts at WSO2, who have contributed to many of today’s service-oriented architecture (SOA), XML and open source standards. Additionally, WSO2 architects and developers will deliver sessions and tutorials on enabling technologies and best practices for implementing SOAs, mobile solutions, cloud deployments, API management, security, mediation, business processes, and more.
Sponsors to Highlight Complementary Solutions and Services
In addition to the conference sessions, attendees at WSO2Con Europe 2014 will have an opportunity to learn about complementary technologies, solutions and services from the events’ sponsors.
- GFI, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, is one of the leading IT service firms in France and Southern Europe, providing its customers with expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing and software solutions.
- SUSE, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Strategic Alliance Partner, is a pioneer in open source software, providing reliable, interoperable Linux and cloud infrastructure solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility, based on more than 20 years of engineering excellence.
- Yenlo, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Strategic Alliance Partner, is Dutch-based software development and consulting company with in-depth architectural knowledge in the areas of service-oriented computing, business process management and cloud computing.
- Chakray, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, has more than 15 years of experience in technology consulting, creating complex system architectures for critical systems using open source technologies.
- TCP, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, has offices in Spain and Brazil, and is a leader in delivering agile business process management, SOA, complex event processing (CEP), Business activity monitoring (BAM), open source, quality assurance (QA), and mobile solutions.
- Wipro Technologies, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, is the global IT business of Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT). A leading information technology, consulting and outsourcing company recognized globally, it has over 130,000 employees and clients across 54 countries.
- Codenvy, a Bronze Sponsor, delivers a continuous development cloud, directly integrated and supported within WSO2 App Cloud and WSO2 App Factory, that improves velocity and control by making developer environments instant, extensible and controllable.
- Emoxa, a Bronze Sponsor headquartered in France, provides assistance in the transformation of its European clients’ IT systems to support an environment where businesses are evolving continuously.
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, will look at different existing uses of peer-to-peer data sharing and how it can become useful in a live session to...
Oct. 7, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 554
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley. The program, to be aired during the peak viewership season of the year, will have a major impac...
Oct. 7, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 187
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new data-driven world, marketplaces reign supreme while interoperability, APIs and applications deliver un...
Oct. 7, 2015 04:13 PM EDT
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 7, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 201
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust IoT ...
Oct. 7, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,132
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Oct. 7, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,063
Can call centers hang up the phones for good? Intuitive Solutions did. WebRTC enabled this contact center provider to eliminate antiquated telephony and desktop phone infrastructure with a pure web-based solution, allowing them to expand beyond brick-and-mortar confines to a home-based agent model. It also ensured scalability and better service for customers, including MUY! Companies, one of the country's largest franchise restaurant companies with 232 Pizza Hut locations. This is one example of WebRTC adoption today, but the potential is limitless when powered by IoT.
Oct. 7, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 7,417
SYS-CON Events announced today that Luxoft Holding, Inc., a leading provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Luxoft’s software development services consist of core and mission-critical custom software development and support, product engineering and testing, and technology consulting.
Oct. 7, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 608
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 7, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,905
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 7, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,848
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 7, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 479
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete end-to-end walkthrough of the analysis from start to finish. Participants will also be given the pract...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 108
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud without worrying about any lock-in fears. In fact by having standard APIs for IaaS would help PaaS expl...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 608
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 749
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated and cloud solutions through hybrid hosting – a sustainable solution for the data required to manage I...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 454
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 7, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 193
Scott Guthrie's keynote presentation "Journey to the intelligent cloud" is a must view video. This is from AzureCon 2015, September 29, 2015 I have reproduced some screen shots in case you are unable to view this long video for one reason or another. One of the highlights is 3 datacenters coming on line in India.
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 256
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 468
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 673
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk will be on IBM Cloudant, Apa...
Oct. 7, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 491