|By Business Wire||
|May 16, 2014 08:59 AM EDT||
Comptel Corporation (OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that its work with Chorus New Zealand has been honoured with a Global Telecoms Business (GTB) Innovation Award, specifically in the “Fixed Network Infrastructure Innovation” category. The company and operator were recognized for intelligently evolving Chorus New Zealand’s fulfillment system, ensuring ultra-fast broadband service delivery to more than 830,000 New Zealand homes.
- Chorus New Zealand, the country’s largest telecommunications infrastructure company, was looking for a modern fibre service fulfillment system that offered order management, large-scale logical inventory and activation capabilities to help establish the company as a standalone entity from Telecom New Zealand and deliver a “best-in-class” fibre broadband experience to their customers.
- Comptel implemented a fibre fulfillment solution, built upon a catalog-driven architecture, which has resulted in a 40 percent reduction in time required to electronically provision a fibre connection to the premises, as well as a significant decrease in the training required for Chorus personnel on the details of the fibre architecture and technology.
- GTB’s 2014 Innovation Awards honoured prominent telecommunications industry innovators for their successful partnerships. Winners were announced at a reception at the Sheraton Park Lane Hotel in London on 14th May.
- “With Comptel’s support and collaboration, we avoided a major OSS transformation that promised to be cumbersome and costly, and instead were able to pursue an intelligent evolution project together that helped us deliver a ‘best-in-class’ experience for our customers,” said Ingrid Cronin-Knight, head of change and business technology, Chorus New Zealand. “After a smooth deployment, we are excited to continue to collaborate with Comptel on our next goal of seamlessly integrating the physical and logical elements of our inventory systems.”
- “We are honoured to receive this award and be recognised for our leadership in the fulfillment domain,” said Simon Osborne, CTO, Fulfillment, Comptel. “This award demonstrates the continued traction of our automated, intelligent, catalog-driven approach, and we’re looking forward to continuing to help Chorus New Zealand meet its business and technology objectives.”
- For additional reading about Comptel and this award, please connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- For other information about Comptel, please visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s approach to customer interaction automation.
Comptel, GTB, Global Telecom Business, customer experience, Chorus, New Zealand, ultra-fast broadband, fibre, customer interaction automation, inventory, fulfillment, fulfilment, Comptel Fulfillment, Comptel Provisioning and Activation, Comptel Service and Resource Inventory, Comptel Order Management, Comptel Catalog
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 290 service providers across 87 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an Event – Analysis – Action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in collecting and analysing Big Data and turning intelligence into opportunities in real time. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to automate customer interactions and other business decisions, to create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of more than 600 professionals, and net sales were EUR 82.7 million in 2013. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
Jul. 1, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 625
Jul. 1, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 999
Jul. 1, 2015 02:21 PM EDT Reads: 395
Jul. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,229
Jul. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 741
Jul. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,115
Jul. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,921
Jul. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 878
Jun. 29, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,682
Jun. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,185
Jun. 29, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,532
Jun. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,231
Jun. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,256
Jun. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,241
Jun. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,118
Jun. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,033
Jun. 25, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,190
Jun. 22, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,823
Jun. 20, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,896
Jun. 15, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,141