|By PR Newswire||
|April 28, 2014 07:01 AM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Media Summit & Upfront, the largest mobile media and advertising event series in North America and Europe, will host more than 1,500 senior agency, media and marketing executives at the fifth-annual Mobile Media Upfront, May 19th at New York City's New World Stages.
Frank Cooper III, Global Chief Marketing Officer-Consumer Engagement at PepsiCo, will keynote the daylong show, which will also feature brand speakers such as Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation & Ventures, Unilever; Rich Muhlstock, SVP of Branding and Acquisition, E*TRADE; Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing, Head of Digital & Social Media, Activision; Amanda Zaky, Manager of Interactive, Mars Chocolate; Tom Laymac, Director-Global Digital Marketing, Chrysler Group; and Emma Medina, VP-Marketing, Remy Cointreau USA.
"When people hear Upfront, they think TV, but we are here to change that," said Paran Johar, CEO and founder of Mobile Media Summit and Upfront. "With a growing amount of media budgets going to mobile, and consumers' consumption of mobile increasing exponentially, it is crucial that we gather advertisers to discuss their mobile plans for coming year. With 1,500 registered attendees last year and even more expected this year, this will be the must-attend event of the year for anyone in advertising."
Topics at the Mobile Media Upfront include "The Truth About Native," "Connecting the Mobile and Real World," "Masters of Multiscreen" and "App Marketing Done Right," as well as "View From the Top" panels with representatives from every major agency holding company and media agency, including Universal McCann, OMD, Mindshare, Starcom MediaVest, Horizon, MEC, Mediacom, PHD Network, Zenith Media, Ansible, Joule, Isobar, 360i, Havas and Carat.
"One third of the world is online today, and the vast majority of the next two-thirds will get online via mobile and in the developing and emerging markets. This alone makes mobile a critical channel for us. Additionally, one of the key things we look at to gauge the viability of any platform today in any market is whether or not it's mobile first. The Mobile Media Upfront is a great place to see what innovations will come out of the mobile space in the year ahead," said Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation & Ventures, Unilever.
Event sponsors and partners include AdColony, Celtra, Collective, Drawbridge, E! Online, Fiksu, JiWire, Kargo, Medialets, Millennial Media, MillwardBrown Digital, NeoMedia, Opera Mediaworks, OpenX, Pandora, Phunware, PINsight Media +, PlaceIQ, RadiumOne, Rubicon Project, Shoutz (LotteryHub), Tapjoy, Thinknear, Tremor Video, Undertone, SheppardMullin, Verve, Weather Channel, xAd, Varick Media Management, Yahoo!, 4A's, AdMonsters, Adweek, The Advertising Club of NY, Fierce Wireless, Folio, Local Search Association, Location Based Marketing Association, MadAve Mobile, mobiThinking, Street Fight, The Makegood, Mobile Monday, Venture Beat and Women in Wireless.
Speakers at Mobile Media Upfront 2014 include:
- Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing, Head of Digital and Social Media, Activision
- Craig Atkinson, Chief Operating and Digital Officer, PHD Network
- Eric Bader, Chief Marketing Officer, RadiumOne
- Ian Beacraft, Manager-New and Emerging Technologies, Leo Burnett
- Brandon Berger, Chief Digital Officer, Worldwide, Ogilvy & Mather
- Simon Bond, Global Chief Marketing Officer, BBDO
- Sal Candela, VP-Mobile Strategic Sales, Undertone
- Craig Cardon, Co-Chair, Privacy and Data Security Group, Sheppard Mullin
- Matt Carrasco, Senior VP-Digital Media Investments, Orion Capital
- Jim Caruso, VP-Product Strategy, Varick
- Tony Case, Executive Editor, Adweek
- Gabriel Cheng, VP-Mobile Strategy & Solutions, M&C Saatchi Mobile
- Tom Cramer, Digital Business and Strategy Lead, Razorfish
- Yale Cohen, SVP-Activation Standards, Zenith Media
- David Cohen, Chief Investment Officer, Universal McCann
- Jenn Cox, Director and Lead, Starcom Mobility Center of Excellence
- Frank Cooper III, Global CMO-Consumer Engagement, PepsiCo
- Gregg Colvin, Chief Operating Officer, Universal McCann
- Christine Dilandro, SVP-Head of Media and Integrated Marketing, Citi
- Amy Dickerson, VP-Digital Director, Spark SMG
- Brian Decker, Managing Director-Client and Social Action Leadership, Mindshare
- Elizabeth Elliott, Associate Director, Starcom MediaVest
- Danny Englander, Mobile Marketing Manager, Mobext
- Jori Ford, Director-Paid, Owned and Earned Media, Rosetta
- Lewis Goldman, VP-Product Development, U.S. Direct, MetLife
- Melissa Grady, VP-eBusiness, MetLife
- Raymonde Green, VP-Director of Media Activations and Partnerships, DigitasLBi
- Larry Griffiths, SVP, Shoutz
- Eric Hadley, SVP-Sales Strategy and Marketing, The Weather Channel
- Mat Harris, Head of Ad Products, Tapjoy
- Chad Hickey, VP-Sales, xAd
- Jon Hook, Head of Mobile, Mediacom
- Andrew Hoffman, Associate Director-Mobile Marketing, Mobext
- Josh Jacobs, Global CEO, Accuen
- Mark Jackson, Chief Technology Analyst, EMEA, McCann Worldgroup
- Rich Johnson, Head of Sales, North America, Drawbridge
- Harry Kargman, Founder and CEO, Kargo
- Michael Kaushansky, EVP-Chief Analytics Officer, Havas Media
- JiYoung Kim, SVP, Creative Solutions & Strategy, Ansible Mobile
- Eric Korsh, SVP-Brand Social and Content, DigitasLBi
- Rob Kramer, General Manager, Mobile, OpenX
- Tom Laymac, Director-Global Digital Marketing, Chrysler Group
- Brian Leder, Senior Partner, Digital Director-North America, Maxus Global + Team Nestle
- Michael Lieberman, Co-President, Joule
- Michael Liu, Supervisor-Mobile Strategy, Carat
- Jeremy Lockhorn, VP-Emerging Media, Razorfish
- Jeff Malmad, Managing Director of Mobile, Mindshare
- Scott Marsden, SVP-Media, Digitas
- Lee Maicon, SVP-Insights and Strategy, 360i
- Dave Meeker, VP, Isobar
- Emma Medina, VP-Marketing, Remy Cointreau USA
- Stuart Meyler, Principal, Beeby Clark + Meyler
- Duncan McCall, CEO and Co-Founder, PlaceIQ
- Jesse Missad, Director-Connected Platforms, Mobility and Device, PHD Network
- Rich Muhlstock, SVP-Branding and Acquisition, E-Trade
- Jackie Mockridge, VP-Director, Strategy and Analysis, DigitasLBi
- Armin Molavi, SVP-Strategy, Havas Media
- Scott Marsden, SVP-Media, Digitas
- Sean Muzzy, CEO, neo@Ogilvy
- John Najarian, EVP and GM-Digital Media and Business Development, E! Networks
- Jason Newport, SVP and Head of Mobile Strategy, Carat
- Sasha Norkin, VP-Marketing, Barnes & Noble Nook
- Mike Owen, Chief Revenue Officer, AdColony
- Megan Pagliuca, General Manager and VP-Display Media, Merkle
- Rachel Pasqua, Senior Partner-Mobile Practice Lead, MEC
- Ben Phillips, Global Head of Mobile, MediaCom
- Will Phung, Media Director, M&C Saatchi Mobile
- Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation and Ventures, Unilever
- Jennifer Rooney, Editor, CMO Network, Forbes
- Liz Ross, President, BPN
- Avi Savar, Founding Partner, Big Fuel
- Spencer Scott, SVP-Field Operations, Fiksu
- Glen Sheehan, SVP-Group Creative Director, Digital, GSD&M
- Josh Sitzer, Head of Marketing and Sales, Pinsight Media+
- Adam Shlachter, Head of Media Activation, NA, DigitasLBi
- David Smith, CEO and Founder, Mediasmith
- James Smith, Chief Revenue Officer, Verve
- Keith Soljacich, Associate Director-Digital Studio, Digitas
- Hynek Stehno, VP-Digital Services, Local Spectrum
- Scott Swanson, President-Global Advertiser Services, Opera Mediaworks
- Richard Ting, EVP-Global Executive Creative Director, R/GA
- Matt Tengler, VP-Product, Millennial Media
- Derek Thompson, SVP-Global Managing Director, Mobility Practice, Starcom MediaVest
- Ritu Trivedi, SVP-Director of Digital Strategy and Partnerships, MediaVest USA
- Phuc Truong, Managing Director-U.S., Mobext
- Eric Weisberg, Executive Creative Director, JWT New York
- Josh Wexler, GM-Buyer Cloud, Rubicon Project
- Colleen Whitney, SVP-Media Director, Digitas
- Donald Williams, Chief Digital Officer, Horizon Media
- Ben Winkler, Chief Digital Officer & Chief Innovation Officer, OMD
- Andrew Wolinetz, Managing Director-Connected Platforms, PHD Network
- Amanda Zaky, Manager of Interactive, Mars Chocolate NA
About Mobile Media Summit and Upfront
The Mobile Media Summits and Mobile Media Upfront are the quintessential thought-leadership forums for brand, agency and mobile leaders to learn and network on the newest mobile technology and media. Founded in 2008 by Paran Johar, the Mobile Media Summit and Mobile Media Upfront are the largest event series in mobile advertising, where an average of 75% of the audience are advertisers, more than any other event. Since its founding, the event series has hosted over 750 speakers and well over 10,000 attendees. Visit www.mobilemediasummit.com for more information.
For press inquiries, contact Kaitlynn Russo at [email protected].
SOURCE Mobile Media Summit
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Oct. 8, 2015 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 179
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new data-driven world, marketplaces reign supreme while interoperability, APIs and applications deliver un...
Oct. 8, 2015 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 257
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete end-to-end walkthrough of the analysis from start to finish. Participants will also be given the pract...
Oct. 8, 2015 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 259
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 8, 2015 09:00 PM EDT
Today’s connected world is moving from devices towards things, what this means is that by using increasingly low cost sensors embedded in devices we can create many new use cases. These span across use cases in cities, vehicles, home, offices, factories, retail environments, worksites, health, logistics, and health. These use cases rely on ubiquitous connectivity and generate massive amounts of data at scale. These technologies enable new business opportunities, ways to optimize and automate, along with new ways to engage with users.
Oct. 8, 2015 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 144
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust IoT ...
Oct. 8, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,161
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 8, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 230
Can call centers hang up the phones for good? Intuitive Solutions did. WebRTC enabled this contact center provider to eliminate antiquated telephony and desktop phone infrastructure with a pure web-based solution, allowing them to expand beyond brick-and-mortar confines to a home-based agent model. It also ensured scalability and better service for customers, including MUY! Companies, one of the country's largest franchise restaurant companies with 232 Pizza Hut locations. This is one example of WebRTC adoption today, but the potential is limitless when powered by IoT.
Oct. 8, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 7,470
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 8, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 496
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud without worrying about any lock-in fears. In fact by having standard APIs for IaaS would help PaaS expl...
Oct. 8, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 646
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 8, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 759
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated and cloud solutions through hybrid hosting – a sustainable solution for the data required to manage I...
Oct. 8, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 474
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley. The program, to be aired during the peak viewership season of the year, will have a major impac...
Oct. 8, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 256
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk will be on IBM Cloudant, Apa...
Oct. 8, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, will look at different existing uses of peer-to-peer data sharing and how it can become useful in a live session to...
Oct. 8, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 605
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 8, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 575
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 8, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 726
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 8, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,868
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Oct. 8, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 758
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, focusing on how to help solve the problems that developers are continuously battling.
Oct. 8, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 487