|By PR Newswire||
|April 28, 2014 07:01 AM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Media Summit & Upfront, the largest mobile media and advertising event series in North America and Europe, will host more than 1,500 senior agency, media and marketing executives at the fifth-annual Mobile Media Upfront, May 19th at New York City's New World Stages.
Frank Cooper III, Global Chief Marketing Officer-Consumer Engagement at PepsiCo, will keynote the daylong show, which will also feature brand speakers such as Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation & Ventures, Unilever; Rich Muhlstock, SVP of Branding and Acquisition, E*TRADE; Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing, Head of Digital & Social Media, Activision; Amanda Zaky, Manager of Interactive, Mars Chocolate; Tom Laymac, Director-Global Digital Marketing, Chrysler Group; and Emma Medina, VP-Marketing, Remy Cointreau USA.
"When people hear Upfront, they think TV, but we are here to change that," said Paran Johar, CEO and founder of Mobile Media Summit and Upfront. "With a growing amount of media budgets going to mobile, and consumers' consumption of mobile increasing exponentially, it is crucial that we gather advertisers to discuss their mobile plans for coming year. With 1,500 registered attendees last year and even more expected this year, this will be the must-attend event of the year for anyone in advertising."
Topics at the Mobile Media Upfront include "The Truth About Native," "Connecting the Mobile and Real World," "Masters of Multiscreen" and "App Marketing Done Right," as well as "View From the Top" panels with representatives from every major agency holding company and media agency, including Universal McCann, OMD, Mindshare, Starcom MediaVest, Horizon, MEC, Mediacom, PHD Network, Zenith Media, Ansible, Joule, Isobar, 360i, Havas and Carat.
"One third of the world is online today, and the vast majority of the next two-thirds will get online via mobile and in the developing and emerging markets. This alone makes mobile a critical channel for us. Additionally, one of the key things we look at to gauge the viability of any platform today in any market is whether or not it's mobile first. The Mobile Media Upfront is a great place to see what innovations will come out of the mobile space in the year ahead," said Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation & Ventures, Unilever.
Event sponsors and partners include AdColony, Celtra, Collective, Drawbridge, E! Online, Fiksu, JiWire, Kargo, Medialets, Millennial Media, MillwardBrown Digital, NeoMedia, Opera Mediaworks, OpenX, Pandora, Phunware, PINsight Media +, PlaceIQ, RadiumOne, Rubicon Project, Shoutz (LotteryHub), Tapjoy, Thinknear, Tremor Video, Undertone, SheppardMullin, Verve, Weather Channel, xAd, Varick Media Management, Yahoo!, 4A's, AdMonsters, Adweek, The Advertising Club of NY, Fierce Wireless, Folio, Local Search Association, Location Based Marketing Association, MadAve Mobile, mobiThinking, Street Fight, The Makegood, Mobile Monday, Venture Beat and Women in Wireless.
Speakers at Mobile Media Upfront 2014 include:
- Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing, Head of Digital and Social Media, Activision
- Craig Atkinson, Chief Operating and Digital Officer, PHD Network
- Eric Bader, Chief Marketing Officer, RadiumOne
- Ian Beacraft, Manager-New and Emerging Technologies, Leo Burnett
- Brandon Berger, Chief Digital Officer, Worldwide, Ogilvy & Mather
- Simon Bond, Global Chief Marketing Officer, BBDO
- Sal Candela, VP-Mobile Strategic Sales, Undertone
- Craig Cardon, Co-Chair, Privacy and Data Security Group, Sheppard Mullin
- Matt Carrasco, Senior VP-Digital Media Investments, Orion Capital
- Jim Caruso, VP-Product Strategy, Varick
- Tony Case, Executive Editor, Adweek
- Gabriel Cheng, VP-Mobile Strategy & Solutions, M&C Saatchi Mobile
- Tom Cramer, Digital Business and Strategy Lead, Razorfish
- Yale Cohen, SVP-Activation Standards, Zenith Media
- David Cohen, Chief Investment Officer, Universal McCann
- Jenn Cox, Director and Lead, Starcom Mobility Center of Excellence
- Frank Cooper III, Global CMO-Consumer Engagement, PepsiCo
- Gregg Colvin, Chief Operating Officer, Universal McCann
- Christine Dilandro, SVP-Head of Media and Integrated Marketing, Citi
- Amy Dickerson, VP-Digital Director, Spark SMG
- Brian Decker, Managing Director-Client and Social Action Leadership, Mindshare
- Elizabeth Elliott, Associate Director, Starcom MediaVest
- Danny Englander, Mobile Marketing Manager, Mobext
- Jori Ford, Director-Paid, Owned and Earned Media, Rosetta
- Lewis Goldman, VP-Product Development, U.S. Direct, MetLife
- Melissa Grady, VP-eBusiness, MetLife
- Raymonde Green, VP-Director of Media Activations and Partnerships, DigitasLBi
- Larry Griffiths, SVP, Shoutz
- Eric Hadley, SVP-Sales Strategy and Marketing, The Weather Channel
- Mat Harris, Head of Ad Products, Tapjoy
- Chad Hickey, VP-Sales, xAd
- Jon Hook, Head of Mobile, Mediacom
- Andrew Hoffman, Associate Director-Mobile Marketing, Mobext
- Josh Jacobs, Global CEO, Accuen
- Mark Jackson, Chief Technology Analyst, EMEA, McCann Worldgroup
- Rich Johnson, Head of Sales, North America, Drawbridge
- Harry Kargman, Founder and CEO, Kargo
- Michael Kaushansky, EVP-Chief Analytics Officer, Havas Media
- JiYoung Kim, SVP, Creative Solutions & Strategy, Ansible Mobile
- Eric Korsh, SVP-Brand Social and Content, DigitasLBi
- Rob Kramer, General Manager, Mobile, OpenX
- Tom Laymac, Director-Global Digital Marketing, Chrysler Group
- Brian Leder, Senior Partner, Digital Director-North America, Maxus Global + Team Nestle
- Michael Lieberman, Co-President, Joule
- Michael Liu, Supervisor-Mobile Strategy, Carat
- Jeremy Lockhorn, VP-Emerging Media, Razorfish
- Jeff Malmad, Managing Director of Mobile, Mindshare
- Scott Marsden, SVP-Media, Digitas
- Lee Maicon, SVP-Insights and Strategy, 360i
- Dave Meeker, VP, Isobar
- Emma Medina, VP-Marketing, Remy Cointreau USA
- Stuart Meyler, Principal, Beeby Clark + Meyler
- Duncan McCall, CEO and Co-Founder, PlaceIQ
- Jesse Missad, Director-Connected Platforms, Mobility and Device, PHD Network
- Rich Muhlstock, SVP-Branding and Acquisition, E-Trade
- Jackie Mockridge, VP-Director, Strategy and Analysis, DigitasLBi
- Armin Molavi, SVP-Strategy, Havas Media
- Scott Marsden, SVP-Media, Digitas
- Sean Muzzy, CEO, neo@Ogilvy
- John Najarian, EVP and GM-Digital Media and Business Development, E! Networks
- Jason Newport, SVP and Head of Mobile Strategy, Carat
- Sasha Norkin, VP-Marketing, Barnes & Noble Nook
- Mike Owen, Chief Revenue Officer, AdColony
- Megan Pagliuca, General Manager and VP-Display Media, Merkle
- Rachel Pasqua, Senior Partner-Mobile Practice Lead, MEC
- Ben Phillips, Global Head of Mobile, MediaCom
- Will Phung, Media Director, M&C Saatchi Mobile
- Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation and Ventures, Unilever
- Jennifer Rooney, Editor, CMO Network, Forbes
- Liz Ross, President, BPN
- Avi Savar, Founding Partner, Big Fuel
- Spencer Scott, SVP-Field Operations, Fiksu
- Glen Sheehan, SVP-Group Creative Director, Digital, GSD&M
- Josh Sitzer, Head of Marketing and Sales, Pinsight Media+
- Adam Shlachter, Head of Media Activation, NA, DigitasLBi
- David Smith, CEO and Founder, Mediasmith
- James Smith, Chief Revenue Officer, Verve
- Keith Soljacich, Associate Director-Digital Studio, Digitas
- Hynek Stehno, VP-Digital Services, Local Spectrum
- Scott Swanson, President-Global Advertiser Services, Opera Mediaworks
- Richard Ting, EVP-Global Executive Creative Director, R/GA
- Matt Tengler, VP-Product, Millennial Media
- Derek Thompson, SVP-Global Managing Director, Mobility Practice, Starcom MediaVest
- Ritu Trivedi, SVP-Director of Digital Strategy and Partnerships, MediaVest USA
- Phuc Truong, Managing Director-U.S., Mobext
- Eric Weisberg, Executive Creative Director, JWT New York
- Josh Wexler, GM-Buyer Cloud, Rubicon Project
- Colleen Whitney, SVP-Media Director, Digitas
- Donald Williams, Chief Digital Officer, Horizon Media
- Ben Winkler, Chief Digital Officer & Chief Innovation Officer, OMD
- Andrew Wolinetz, Managing Director-Connected Platforms, PHD Network
- Amanda Zaky, Manager of Interactive, Mars Chocolate NA
About Mobile Media Summit and Upfront
The Mobile Media Summits and Mobile Media Upfront are the quintessential thought-leadership forums for brand, agency and mobile leaders to learn and network on the newest mobile technology and media. Founded in 2008 by Paran Johar, the Mobile Media Summit and Mobile Media Upfront are the largest event series in mobile advertising, where an average of 75% of the audience are advertisers, more than any other event. Since its founding, the event series has hosted over 750 speakers and well over 10,000 attendees. Visit www.mobilemediasummit.com for more information.
For press inquiries, contact Kaitlynn Russo at [email protected].
SOURCE Mobile Media Summit
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application delivery by allowing increasingly popular Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (mBaaS) platforms to quickly crea...
Nov. 25, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 297
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true change and transformation possible.
Nov. 25, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 470
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound cha...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 489
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 25, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 498
The cloud. Like a comic book superhero, there seems to be no problem it can’t fix or cost it can’t slash. Yet making the transition is not always easy and production environments are still largely on premise. Taking some practical and sensible steps to reduce risk can also help provide a basis for a successful cloud transition. A plethora of surveys from the likes of IDG and Gartner show that more than 70 percent of enterprises have deployed at least one or more cloud application or workload. Yet a closer inspection at the data reveals less than half of these cloud projects involve production...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 420
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, wil...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 504
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical to maintaining positive ROI. Raxak Protect is an automated security compliance SaaS platform and ma...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 347
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 25, 2015 01:30 PM EST Reads: 460
There are over 120 breakout sessions in all, with Keynotes, General Sessions, and Power Panels adding to three days of incredibly rich presentations and content. Join @ThingsExpo conference chair Roger Strukhoff (@IoT2040), June 7-9, 2016 in New York City, for three days of intense 'Internet of Things' discussion and focus, including Big Data's indespensable role in IoT, Smart Grids and Industrial Internet of Things, Wearables and Consumer IoT, as well as (new) IoT's use in Vertical Markets.
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 515
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context with p...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 360
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Nov. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 428
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 115
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 265
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningful and actionable insights. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Paul Turner, Chief Marketing Officer at...
Nov. 25, 2015 08:15 AM EST Reads: 348
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Summit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, demonstrated examples of com...
Nov. 25, 2015 07:45 AM EST Reads: 344
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 25, 2015 07:30 AM EST Reads: 250
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Nov. 25, 2015 05:45 AM EST Reads: 377
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessions, I wanted to share some of my observations on emerging trends. As cyber security serves as a fou...
Nov. 25, 2015 05:45 AM EST Reads: 288
Continuous processes around the development and deployment of applications are both impacted by -- and a benefit to -- the Internet of Things trend. To help better understand the relationship between DevOps and a plethora of new end-devices and data please welcome Gary Gruver, consultant, author and a former IT executive who has led many large-scale IT transformation projects, and John Jeremiah, Technology Evangelist at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), on Twitter at @j_jeremiah. The discussion is moderated by me, Dana Gardner, Principal Analyst at Interarbor Solutions.
Nov. 25, 2015 02:30 AM EST Reads: 681
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 290