|By PR Newswire||
|April 28, 2014 07:01 AM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Media Summit & Upfront, the largest mobile media and advertising event series in North America and Europe, will host more than 1,500 senior agency, media and marketing executives at the fifth-annual Mobile Media Upfront, May 19th at New York City's New World Stages.
Frank Cooper III, Global Chief Marketing Officer-Consumer Engagement at PepsiCo, will keynote the daylong show, which will also feature brand speakers such as Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation & Ventures, Unilever; Rich Muhlstock, SVP of Branding and Acquisition, E*TRADE; Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing, Head of Digital & Social Media, Activision; Amanda Zaky, Manager of Interactive, Mars Chocolate; Tom Laymac, Director-Global Digital Marketing, Chrysler Group; and Emma Medina, VP-Marketing, Remy Cointreau USA.
"When people hear Upfront, they think TV, but we are here to change that," said Paran Johar, CEO and founder of Mobile Media Summit and Upfront. "With a growing amount of media budgets going to mobile, and consumers' consumption of mobile increasing exponentially, it is crucial that we gather advertisers to discuss their mobile plans for coming year. With 1,500 registered attendees last year and even more expected this year, this will be the must-attend event of the year for anyone in advertising."
Topics at the Mobile Media Upfront include "The Truth About Native," "Connecting the Mobile and Real World," "Masters of Multiscreen" and "App Marketing Done Right," as well as "View From the Top" panels with representatives from every major agency holding company and media agency, including Universal McCann, OMD, Mindshare, Starcom MediaVest, Horizon, MEC, Mediacom, PHD Network, Zenith Media, Ansible, Joule, Isobar, 360i, Havas and Carat.
"One third of the world is online today, and the vast majority of the next two-thirds will get online via mobile and in the developing and emerging markets. This alone makes mobile a critical channel for us. Additionally, one of the key things we look at to gauge the viability of any platform today in any market is whether or not it's mobile first. The Mobile Media Upfront is a great place to see what innovations will come out of the mobile space in the year ahead," said Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation & Ventures, Unilever.
Event sponsors and partners include AdColony, Celtra, Collective, Drawbridge, E! Online, Fiksu, JiWire, Kargo, Medialets, Millennial Media, MillwardBrown Digital, NeoMedia, Opera Mediaworks, OpenX, Pandora, Phunware, PINsight Media +, PlaceIQ, RadiumOne, Rubicon Project, Shoutz (LotteryHub), Tapjoy, Thinknear, Tremor Video, Undertone, SheppardMullin, Verve, Weather Channel, xAd, Varick Media Management, Yahoo!, 4A's, AdMonsters, Adweek, The Advertising Club of NY, Fierce Wireless, Folio, Local Search Association, Location Based Marketing Association, MadAve Mobile, mobiThinking, Street Fight, The Makegood, Mobile Monday, Venture Beat and Women in Wireless.
Speakers at Mobile Media Upfront 2014 include:
- Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing, Head of Digital and Social Media, Activision
- Craig Atkinson, Chief Operating and Digital Officer, PHD Network
- Eric Bader, Chief Marketing Officer, RadiumOne
- Ian Beacraft, Manager-New and Emerging Technologies, Leo Burnett
- Brandon Berger, Chief Digital Officer, Worldwide, Ogilvy & Mather
- Simon Bond, Global Chief Marketing Officer, BBDO
- Sal Candela, VP-Mobile Strategic Sales, Undertone
- Craig Cardon, Co-Chair, Privacy and Data Security Group, Sheppard Mullin
- Matt Carrasco, Senior VP-Digital Media Investments, Orion Capital
- Jim Caruso, VP-Product Strategy, Varick
- Tony Case, Executive Editor, Adweek
- Gabriel Cheng, VP-Mobile Strategy & Solutions, M&C Saatchi Mobile
- Tom Cramer, Digital Business and Strategy Lead, Razorfish
- Yale Cohen, SVP-Activation Standards, Zenith Media
- David Cohen, Chief Investment Officer, Universal McCann
- Jenn Cox, Director and Lead, Starcom Mobility Center of Excellence
- Frank Cooper III, Global CMO-Consumer Engagement, PepsiCo
- Gregg Colvin, Chief Operating Officer, Universal McCann
- Christine Dilandro, SVP-Head of Media and Integrated Marketing, Citi
- Amy Dickerson, VP-Digital Director, Spark SMG
- Brian Decker, Managing Director-Client and Social Action Leadership, Mindshare
- Elizabeth Elliott, Associate Director, Starcom MediaVest
- Danny Englander, Mobile Marketing Manager, Mobext
- Jori Ford, Director-Paid, Owned and Earned Media, Rosetta
- Lewis Goldman, VP-Product Development, U.S. Direct, MetLife
- Melissa Grady, VP-eBusiness, MetLife
- Raymonde Green, VP-Director of Media Activations and Partnerships, DigitasLBi
- Larry Griffiths, SVP, Shoutz
- Eric Hadley, SVP-Sales Strategy and Marketing, The Weather Channel
- Mat Harris, Head of Ad Products, Tapjoy
- Chad Hickey, VP-Sales, xAd
- Jon Hook, Head of Mobile, Mediacom
- Andrew Hoffman, Associate Director-Mobile Marketing, Mobext
- Josh Jacobs, Global CEO, Accuen
- Mark Jackson, Chief Technology Analyst, EMEA, McCann Worldgroup
- Rich Johnson, Head of Sales, North America, Drawbridge
- Harry Kargman, Founder and CEO, Kargo
- Michael Kaushansky, EVP-Chief Analytics Officer, Havas Media
- JiYoung Kim, SVP, Creative Solutions & Strategy, Ansible Mobile
- Eric Korsh, SVP-Brand Social and Content, DigitasLBi
- Rob Kramer, General Manager, Mobile, OpenX
- Tom Laymac, Director-Global Digital Marketing, Chrysler Group
- Brian Leder, Senior Partner, Digital Director-North America, Maxus Global + Team Nestle
- Michael Lieberman, Co-President, Joule
- Michael Liu, Supervisor-Mobile Strategy, Carat
- Jeremy Lockhorn, VP-Emerging Media, Razorfish
- Jeff Malmad, Managing Director of Mobile, Mindshare
- Scott Marsden, SVP-Media, Digitas
- Lee Maicon, SVP-Insights and Strategy, 360i
- Dave Meeker, VP, Isobar
- Emma Medina, VP-Marketing, Remy Cointreau USA
- Stuart Meyler, Principal, Beeby Clark + Meyler
- Duncan McCall, CEO and Co-Founder, PlaceIQ
- Jesse Missad, Director-Connected Platforms, Mobility and Device, PHD Network
- Rich Muhlstock, SVP-Branding and Acquisition, E-Trade
- Jackie Mockridge, VP-Director, Strategy and Analysis, DigitasLBi
- Armin Molavi, SVP-Strategy, Havas Media
- Scott Marsden, SVP-Media, Digitas
- Sean Muzzy, CEO, neo@Ogilvy
- John Najarian, EVP and GM-Digital Media and Business Development, E! Networks
- Jason Newport, SVP and Head of Mobile Strategy, Carat
- Sasha Norkin, VP-Marketing, Barnes & Noble Nook
- Mike Owen, Chief Revenue Officer, AdColony
- Megan Pagliuca, General Manager and VP-Display Media, Merkle
- Rachel Pasqua, Senior Partner-Mobile Practice Lead, MEC
- Ben Phillips, Global Head of Mobile, MediaCom
- Will Phung, Media Director, M&C Saatchi Mobile
- Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation and Ventures, Unilever
- Jennifer Rooney, Editor, CMO Network, Forbes
- Liz Ross, President, BPN
- Avi Savar, Founding Partner, Big Fuel
- Spencer Scott, SVP-Field Operations, Fiksu
- Glen Sheehan, SVP-Group Creative Director, Digital, GSD&M
- Josh Sitzer, Head of Marketing and Sales, Pinsight Media+
- Adam Shlachter, Head of Media Activation, NA, DigitasLBi
- David Smith, CEO and Founder, Mediasmith
- James Smith, Chief Revenue Officer, Verve
- Keith Soljacich, Associate Director-Digital Studio, Digitas
- Hynek Stehno, VP-Digital Services, Local Spectrum
- Scott Swanson, President-Global Advertiser Services, Opera Mediaworks
- Richard Ting, EVP-Global Executive Creative Director, R/GA
- Matt Tengler, VP-Product, Millennial Media
- Derek Thompson, SVP-Global Managing Director, Mobility Practice, Starcom MediaVest
- Ritu Trivedi, SVP-Director of Digital Strategy and Partnerships, MediaVest USA
- Phuc Truong, Managing Director-U.S., Mobext
- Eric Weisberg, Executive Creative Director, JWT New York
- Josh Wexler, GM-Buyer Cloud, Rubicon Project
- Colleen Whitney, SVP-Media Director, Digitas
- Donald Williams, Chief Digital Officer, Horizon Media
- Ben Winkler, Chief Digital Officer & Chief Innovation Officer, OMD
- Andrew Wolinetz, Managing Director-Connected Platforms, PHD Network
- Amanda Zaky, Manager of Interactive, Mars Chocolate NA
About Mobile Media Summit and Upfront
The Mobile Media Summits and Mobile Media Upfront are the quintessential thought-leadership forums for brand, agency and mobile leaders to learn and network on the newest mobile technology and media. Founded in 2008 by Paran Johar, the Mobile Media Summit and Mobile Media Upfront are the largest event series in mobile advertising, where an average of 75% of the audience are advertisers, more than any other event. Since its founding, the event series has hosted over 750 speakers and well over 10,000 attendees. Visit www.mobilemediasummit.com for more information.
For press inquiries, contact Kaitlynn Russo at [email protected].
SOURCE Mobile Media Summit
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 19, 2014 03:45 PM EST Reads: 642
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,095
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 19, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,274
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,832
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 19, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,147
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 19, 2014 06:30 AM EST Reads: 2,140
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 19, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,951
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 19, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,953
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 973
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,267
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 802
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,309
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,368
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,339
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,240
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,467
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,310
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,672
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 6,875
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,956