|By PR Newswire||
|April 28, 2014 07:01 AM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Media Summit & Upfront, the largest mobile media and advertising event series in North America and Europe, will host more than 1,500 senior agency, media and marketing executives at the fifth-annual Mobile Media Upfront, May 19th at New York City's New World Stages.
Frank Cooper III, Global Chief Marketing Officer-Consumer Engagement at PepsiCo, will keynote the daylong show, which will also feature brand speakers such as Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation & Ventures, Unilever; Rich Muhlstock, SVP of Branding and Acquisition, E*TRADE; Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing, Head of Digital & Social Media, Activision; Amanda Zaky, Manager of Interactive, Mars Chocolate; Tom Laymac, Director-Global Digital Marketing, Chrysler Group; and Emma Medina, VP-Marketing, Remy Cointreau USA.
"When people hear Upfront, they think TV, but we are here to change that," said Paran Johar, CEO and founder of Mobile Media Summit and Upfront. "With a growing amount of media budgets going to mobile, and consumers' consumption of mobile increasing exponentially, it is crucial that we gather advertisers to discuss their mobile plans for coming year. With 1,500 registered attendees last year and even more expected this year, this will be the must-attend event of the year for anyone in advertising."
Topics at the Mobile Media Upfront include "The Truth About Native," "Connecting the Mobile and Real World," "Masters of Multiscreen" and "App Marketing Done Right," as well as "View From the Top" panels with representatives from every major agency holding company and media agency, including Universal McCann, OMD, Mindshare, Starcom MediaVest, Horizon, MEC, Mediacom, PHD Network, Zenith Media, Ansible, Joule, Isobar, 360i, Havas and Carat.
"One third of the world is online today, and the vast majority of the next two-thirds will get online via mobile and in the developing and emerging markets. This alone makes mobile a critical channel for us. Additionally, one of the key things we look at to gauge the viability of any platform today in any market is whether or not it's mobile first. The Mobile Media Upfront is a great place to see what innovations will come out of the mobile space in the year ahead," said Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation & Ventures, Unilever.
Event sponsors and partners include AdColony, Celtra, Collective, Drawbridge, E! Online, Fiksu, JiWire, Kargo, Medialets, Millennial Media, MillwardBrown Digital, NeoMedia, Opera Mediaworks, OpenX, Pandora, Phunware, PINsight Media +, PlaceIQ, RadiumOne, Rubicon Project, Shoutz (LotteryHub), Tapjoy, Thinknear, Tremor Video, Undertone, SheppardMullin, Verve, Weather Channel, xAd, Varick Media Management, Yahoo!, 4A's, AdMonsters, Adweek, The Advertising Club of NY, Fierce Wireless, Folio, Local Search Association, Location Based Marketing Association, MadAve Mobile, mobiThinking, Street Fight, The Makegood, Mobile Monday, Venture Beat and Women in Wireless.
Speakers at Mobile Media Upfront 2014 include:
- Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing, Head of Digital and Social Media, Activision
- Craig Atkinson, Chief Operating and Digital Officer, PHD Network
- Eric Bader, Chief Marketing Officer, RadiumOne
- Ian Beacraft, Manager-New and Emerging Technologies, Leo Burnett
- Brandon Berger, Chief Digital Officer, Worldwide, Ogilvy & Mather
- Simon Bond, Global Chief Marketing Officer, BBDO
- Sal Candela, VP-Mobile Strategic Sales, Undertone
- Craig Cardon, Co-Chair, Privacy and Data Security Group, Sheppard Mullin
- Matt Carrasco, Senior VP-Digital Media Investments, Orion Capital
- Jim Caruso, VP-Product Strategy, Varick
- Tony Case, Executive Editor, Adweek
- Gabriel Cheng, VP-Mobile Strategy & Solutions, M&C Saatchi Mobile
- Tom Cramer, Digital Business and Strategy Lead, Razorfish
- Yale Cohen, SVP-Activation Standards, Zenith Media
- David Cohen, Chief Investment Officer, Universal McCann
- Jenn Cox, Director and Lead, Starcom Mobility Center of Excellence
- Frank Cooper III, Global CMO-Consumer Engagement, PepsiCo
- Gregg Colvin, Chief Operating Officer, Universal McCann
- Christine Dilandro, SVP-Head of Media and Integrated Marketing, Citi
- Amy Dickerson, VP-Digital Director, Spark SMG
- Brian Decker, Managing Director-Client and Social Action Leadership, Mindshare
- Elizabeth Elliott, Associate Director, Starcom MediaVest
- Danny Englander, Mobile Marketing Manager, Mobext
- Jori Ford, Director-Paid, Owned and Earned Media, Rosetta
- Lewis Goldman, VP-Product Development, U.S. Direct, MetLife
- Melissa Grady, VP-eBusiness, MetLife
- Raymonde Green, VP-Director of Media Activations and Partnerships, DigitasLBi
- Larry Griffiths, SVP, Shoutz
- Eric Hadley, SVP-Sales Strategy and Marketing, The Weather Channel
- Mat Harris, Head of Ad Products, Tapjoy
- Chad Hickey, VP-Sales, xAd
- Jon Hook, Head of Mobile, Mediacom
- Andrew Hoffman, Associate Director-Mobile Marketing, Mobext
- Josh Jacobs, Global CEO, Accuen
- Mark Jackson, Chief Technology Analyst, EMEA, McCann Worldgroup
- Rich Johnson, Head of Sales, North America, Drawbridge
- Harry Kargman, Founder and CEO, Kargo
- Michael Kaushansky, EVP-Chief Analytics Officer, Havas Media
- JiYoung Kim, SVP, Creative Solutions & Strategy, Ansible Mobile
- Eric Korsh, SVP-Brand Social and Content, DigitasLBi
- Rob Kramer, General Manager, Mobile, OpenX
- Tom Laymac, Director-Global Digital Marketing, Chrysler Group
- Brian Leder, Senior Partner, Digital Director-North America, Maxus Global + Team Nestle
- Michael Lieberman, Co-President, Joule
- Michael Liu, Supervisor-Mobile Strategy, Carat
- Jeremy Lockhorn, VP-Emerging Media, Razorfish
- Jeff Malmad, Managing Director of Mobile, Mindshare
- Scott Marsden, SVP-Media, Digitas
- Lee Maicon, SVP-Insights and Strategy, 360i
- Dave Meeker, VP, Isobar
- Emma Medina, VP-Marketing, Remy Cointreau USA
- Stuart Meyler, Principal, Beeby Clark + Meyler
- Duncan McCall, CEO and Co-Founder, PlaceIQ
- Jesse Missad, Director-Connected Platforms, Mobility and Device, PHD Network
- Rich Muhlstock, SVP-Branding and Acquisition, E-Trade
- Jackie Mockridge, VP-Director, Strategy and Analysis, DigitasLBi
- Armin Molavi, SVP-Strategy, Havas Media
- Scott Marsden, SVP-Media, Digitas
- Sean Muzzy, CEO, neo@Ogilvy
- John Najarian, EVP and GM-Digital Media and Business Development, E! Networks
- Jason Newport, SVP and Head of Mobile Strategy, Carat
- Sasha Norkin, VP-Marketing, Barnes & Noble Nook
- Mike Owen, Chief Revenue Officer, AdColony
- Megan Pagliuca, General Manager and VP-Display Media, Merkle
- Rachel Pasqua, Senior Partner-Mobile Practice Lead, MEC
- Ben Phillips, Global Head of Mobile, MediaCom
- Will Phung, Media Director, M&C Saatchi Mobile
- Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation and Ventures, Unilever
- Jennifer Rooney, Editor, CMO Network, Forbes
- Liz Ross, President, BPN
- Avi Savar, Founding Partner, Big Fuel
- Spencer Scott, SVP-Field Operations, Fiksu
- Glen Sheehan, SVP-Group Creative Director, Digital, GSD&M
- Josh Sitzer, Head of Marketing and Sales, Pinsight Media+
- Adam Shlachter, Head of Media Activation, NA, DigitasLBi
- David Smith, CEO and Founder, Mediasmith
- James Smith, Chief Revenue Officer, Verve
- Keith Soljacich, Associate Director-Digital Studio, Digitas
- Hynek Stehno, VP-Digital Services, Local Spectrum
- Scott Swanson, President-Global Advertiser Services, Opera Mediaworks
- Richard Ting, EVP-Global Executive Creative Director, R/GA
- Matt Tengler, VP-Product, Millennial Media
- Derek Thompson, SVP-Global Managing Director, Mobility Practice, Starcom MediaVest
- Ritu Trivedi, SVP-Director of Digital Strategy and Partnerships, MediaVest USA
- Phuc Truong, Managing Director-U.S., Mobext
- Eric Weisberg, Executive Creative Director, JWT New York
- Josh Wexler, GM-Buyer Cloud, Rubicon Project
- Colleen Whitney, SVP-Media Director, Digitas
- Donald Williams, Chief Digital Officer, Horizon Media
- Ben Winkler, Chief Digital Officer & Chief Innovation Officer, OMD
- Andrew Wolinetz, Managing Director-Connected Platforms, PHD Network
- Amanda Zaky, Manager of Interactive, Mars Chocolate NA
About Mobile Media Summit and Upfront
The Mobile Media Summits and Mobile Media Upfront are the quintessential thought-leadership forums for brand, agency and mobile leaders to learn and network on the newest mobile technology and media. Founded in 2008 by Paran Johar, the Mobile Media Summit and Mobile Media Upfront are the largest event series in mobile advertising, where an average of 75% of the audience are advertisers, more than any other event. Since its founding, the event series has hosted over 750 speakers and well over 10,000 attendees. Visit www.mobilemediasummit.com for more information.
For press inquiries, contact Kaitlynn Russo at [email protected].
SOURCE Mobile Media Summit
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust IoT ...
Jun. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,708
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jun. 29, 2015 12:19 PM EDT Reads: 596
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust IT industrialization – allowing customers to provide amazing user experiences with optimized IT per...
Jun. 29, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,519
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jun. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,087
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jun. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,843
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jun. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,997
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will addresses this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jun. 29, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,384
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jun. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,142
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jun. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,166
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fillin...
Jun. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,154
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jun. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,016
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jun. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,959
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jun. 25, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,110
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA, and the “Third Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place June 7-9, 2016, at Javits Center in New York City. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Jun. 22, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,634
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "First Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. The “Second Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place November 3-5, 2015, at Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Jun. 20, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,815
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Jun. 15, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,044
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Jun. 15, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,832
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Jun. 15, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 5,887
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discusses the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jun. 11, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,285
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Jun. 10, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,276