|By PR Newswire||
|April 28, 2014 07:01 AM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Media Summit & Upfront, the largest mobile media and advertising event series in North America and Europe, will host more than 1,500 senior agency, media and marketing executives at the fifth-annual Mobile Media Upfront, May 19th at New York City's New World Stages.
Frank Cooper III, Global Chief Marketing Officer-Consumer Engagement at PepsiCo, will keynote the daylong show, which will also feature brand speakers such as Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation & Ventures, Unilever; Rich Muhlstock, SVP of Branding and Acquisition, E*TRADE; Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing, Head of Digital & Social Media, Activision; Amanda Zaky, Manager of Interactive, Mars Chocolate; Tom Laymac, Director-Global Digital Marketing, Chrysler Group; and Emma Medina, VP-Marketing, Remy Cointreau USA.
"When people hear Upfront, they think TV, but we are here to change that," said Paran Johar, CEO and founder of Mobile Media Summit and Upfront. "With a growing amount of media budgets going to mobile, and consumers' consumption of mobile increasing exponentially, it is crucial that we gather advertisers to discuss their mobile plans for coming year. With 1,500 registered attendees last year and even more expected this year, this will be the must-attend event of the year for anyone in advertising."
Topics at the Mobile Media Upfront include "The Truth About Native," "Connecting the Mobile and Real World," "Masters of Multiscreen" and "App Marketing Done Right," as well as "View From the Top" panels with representatives from every major agency holding company and media agency, including Universal McCann, OMD, Mindshare, Starcom MediaVest, Horizon, MEC, Mediacom, PHD Network, Zenith Media, Ansible, Joule, Isobar, 360i, Havas and Carat.
"One third of the world is online today, and the vast majority of the next two-thirds will get online via mobile and in the developing and emerging markets. This alone makes mobile a critical channel for us. Additionally, one of the key things we look at to gauge the viability of any platform today in any market is whether or not it's mobile first. The Mobile Media Upfront is a great place to see what innovations will come out of the mobile space in the year ahead," said Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation & Ventures, Unilever.
Event sponsors and partners include AdColony, Celtra, Collective, Drawbridge, E! Online, Fiksu, JiWire, Kargo, Medialets, Millennial Media, MillwardBrown Digital, NeoMedia, Opera Mediaworks, OpenX, Pandora, Phunware, PINsight Media +, PlaceIQ, RadiumOne, Rubicon Project, Shoutz (LotteryHub), Tapjoy, Thinknear, Tremor Video, Undertone, SheppardMullin, Verve, Weather Channel, xAd, Varick Media Management, Yahoo!, 4A's, AdMonsters, Adweek, The Advertising Club of NY, Fierce Wireless, Folio, Local Search Association, Location Based Marketing Association, MadAve Mobile, mobiThinking, Street Fight, The Makegood, Mobile Monday, Venture Beat and Women in Wireless.
Speakers at Mobile Media Upfront 2014 include:
- Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing, Head of Digital and Social Media, Activision
- Craig Atkinson, Chief Operating and Digital Officer, PHD Network
- Eric Bader, Chief Marketing Officer, RadiumOne
- Ian Beacraft, Manager-New and Emerging Technologies, Leo Burnett
- Brandon Berger, Chief Digital Officer, Worldwide, Ogilvy & Mather
- Simon Bond, Global Chief Marketing Officer, BBDO
- Sal Candela, VP-Mobile Strategic Sales, Undertone
- Craig Cardon, Co-Chair, Privacy and Data Security Group, Sheppard Mullin
- Matt Carrasco, Senior VP-Digital Media Investments, Orion Capital
- Jim Caruso, VP-Product Strategy, Varick
- Tony Case, Executive Editor, Adweek
- Gabriel Cheng, VP-Mobile Strategy & Solutions, M&C Saatchi Mobile
- Tom Cramer, Digital Business and Strategy Lead, Razorfish
- Yale Cohen, SVP-Activation Standards, Zenith Media
- David Cohen, Chief Investment Officer, Universal McCann
- Jenn Cox, Director and Lead, Starcom Mobility Center of Excellence
- Frank Cooper III, Global CMO-Consumer Engagement, PepsiCo
- Gregg Colvin, Chief Operating Officer, Universal McCann
- Christine Dilandro, SVP-Head of Media and Integrated Marketing, Citi
- Amy Dickerson, VP-Digital Director, Spark SMG
- Brian Decker, Managing Director-Client and Social Action Leadership, Mindshare
- Elizabeth Elliott, Associate Director, Starcom MediaVest
- Danny Englander, Mobile Marketing Manager, Mobext
- Jori Ford, Director-Paid, Owned and Earned Media, Rosetta
- Lewis Goldman, VP-Product Development, U.S. Direct, MetLife
- Melissa Grady, VP-eBusiness, MetLife
- Raymonde Green, VP-Director of Media Activations and Partnerships, DigitasLBi
- Larry Griffiths, SVP, Shoutz
- Eric Hadley, SVP-Sales Strategy and Marketing, The Weather Channel
- Mat Harris, Head of Ad Products, Tapjoy
- Chad Hickey, VP-Sales, xAd
- Jon Hook, Head of Mobile, Mediacom
- Andrew Hoffman, Associate Director-Mobile Marketing, Mobext
- Josh Jacobs, Global CEO, Accuen
- Mark Jackson, Chief Technology Analyst, EMEA, McCann Worldgroup
- Rich Johnson, Head of Sales, North America, Drawbridge
- Harry Kargman, Founder and CEO, Kargo
- Michael Kaushansky, EVP-Chief Analytics Officer, Havas Media
- JiYoung Kim, SVP, Creative Solutions & Strategy, Ansible Mobile
- Eric Korsh, SVP-Brand Social and Content, DigitasLBi
- Rob Kramer, General Manager, Mobile, OpenX
- Tom Laymac, Director-Global Digital Marketing, Chrysler Group
- Brian Leder, Senior Partner, Digital Director-North America, Maxus Global + Team Nestle
- Michael Lieberman, Co-President, Joule
- Michael Liu, Supervisor-Mobile Strategy, Carat
- Jeremy Lockhorn, VP-Emerging Media, Razorfish
- Jeff Malmad, Managing Director of Mobile, Mindshare
- Scott Marsden, SVP-Media, Digitas
- Lee Maicon, SVP-Insights and Strategy, 360i
- Dave Meeker, VP, Isobar
- Emma Medina, VP-Marketing, Remy Cointreau USA
- Stuart Meyler, Principal, Beeby Clark + Meyler
- Duncan McCall, CEO and Co-Founder, PlaceIQ
- Jesse Missad, Director-Connected Platforms, Mobility and Device, PHD Network
- Rich Muhlstock, SVP-Branding and Acquisition, E-Trade
- Jackie Mockridge, VP-Director, Strategy and Analysis, DigitasLBi
- Armin Molavi, SVP-Strategy, Havas Media
- Scott Marsden, SVP-Media, Digitas
- Sean Muzzy, CEO, [email protected]
- John Najarian, EVP and GM-Digital Media and Business Development, E! Networks
- Jason Newport, SVP and Head of Mobile Strategy, Carat
- Sasha Norkin, VP-Marketing, Barnes & Noble Nook
- Mike Owen, Chief Revenue Officer, AdColony
- Megan Pagliuca, General Manager and VP-Display Media, Merkle
- Rachel Pasqua, Senior Partner-Mobile Practice Lead, MEC
- Ben Phillips, Global Head of Mobile, MediaCom
- Will Phung, Media Director, M&C Saatchi Mobile
- Babs Rangaiah, VP-Global Media Innovation and Ventures, Unilever
- Jennifer Rooney, Editor, CMO Network, Forbes
- Liz Ross, President, BPN
- Avi Savar, Founding Partner, Big Fuel
- Spencer Scott, SVP-Field Operations, Fiksu
- Glen Sheehan, SVP-Group Creative Director, Digital, GSD&M
- Josh Sitzer, Head of Marketing and Sales, Pinsight Media+
- Adam Shlachter, Head of Media Activation, NA, DigitasLBi
- David Smith, CEO and Founder, Mediasmith
- James Smith, Chief Revenue Officer, Verve
- Keith Soljacich, Associate Director-Digital Studio, Digitas
- Hynek Stehno, VP-Digital Services, Local Spectrum
- Scott Swanson, President-Global Advertiser Services, Opera Mediaworks
- Richard Ting, EVP-Global Executive Creative Director, R/GA
- Matt Tengler, VP-Product, Millennial Media
- Derek Thompson, SVP-Global Managing Director, Mobility Practice, Starcom MediaVest
- Ritu Trivedi, SVP-Director of Digital Strategy and Partnerships, MediaVest USA
- Phuc Truong, Managing Director-U.S., Mobext
- Eric Weisberg, Executive Creative Director, JWT New York
- Josh Wexler, GM-Buyer Cloud, Rubicon Project
- Colleen Whitney, SVP-Media Director, Digitas
- Donald Williams, Chief Digital Officer, Horizon Media
- Ben Winkler, Chief Digital Officer & Chief Innovation Officer, OMD
- Andrew Wolinetz, Managing Director-Connected Platforms, PHD Network
- Amanda Zaky, Manager of Interactive, Mars Chocolate NA
About Mobile Media Summit and Upfront
The Mobile Media Summits and Mobile Media Upfront are the quintessential thought-leadership forums for brand, agency and mobile leaders to learn and network on the newest mobile technology and media. Founded in 2008 by Paran Johar, the Mobile Media Summit and Mobile Media Upfront are the largest event series in mobile advertising, where an average of 75% of the audience are advertisers, more than any other event. Since its founding, the event series has hosted over 750 speakers and well over 10,000 attendees. Visit www.mobilemediasummit.com for more information.
For press inquiries, contact Kaitlynn Russo at [email protected].
SOURCE Mobile Media Summit
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jun. 28, 2016 04:35 PM EDT Reads: 166
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 886
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 28, 2016 03:38 PM EDT Reads: 290
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,128
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jun. 28, 2016 01:59 PM EDT Reads: 226
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 805
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 947
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,121
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 467
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 437
Apixio Inc. has raised $19.3 million in Series D venture capital funding led by SSM Partners with participation from First Analysis, Bain Capital Ventures and Apixio’s largest angel investor. Apixio will dedicate the proceeds toward advancing and scaling products powered by its cognitive computing platform, further enabling insights for optimal patient care. The Series D funding comes as Apixio experiences strong momentum and increasing demand for its HCC Profiler solution, which mines unstruc...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 372
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Jun. 28, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 437
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change t...
Jun. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,295
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 28, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,217
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,335
Presidio has received the 2015 EMC Partner Services Quality Award from EMC Corporation for achieving outstanding service excellence and customer satisfaction as measured by the EMC Partner Services Quality (PSQ) program. Presidio was also honored as the 2015 EMC Americas Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year and 2015 Mid-Market East Partner of the Year. The EMC PSQ program is a project-specific survey program designed for partners with Service Partner designations to solicit customer feedbac...
Jun. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 470
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,348
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,257
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,312
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,391