|By PR Newswire||
|March 27, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
LONDON, March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies
The grid scale battery storage market is largely an emerging one, especially when compared to other energy storage systems. Most grid scale batteries are either too expensive or not yet fully tested and understood in a real-life environment - or both. However, pressed by high and rising renewable energy capacity brought online, an increasing number of governments around the world are considering adopting new regulation favouring the commissioning of grid scale storage systems, such as capacity payment mechanisms or mandatory targets for the installation of new storage capacity. Meanwhile, research, development and demonstration efforts are consistent, as utilities and governments hope to be the first movers in one of the most promising markets in the energy industry.
In addition to this, production costs, and eventually market prices, of grid scale batteries are slowly but constantly declining thanks to continuous technological improvements. Just as decisively, a wealth of performance data are becoming available each year as pilot projects are completed around the world, providing the market with key information on the reliability of different battery technologies. A further boost for the sector can come from the rise of the electric vehicle market.
Visiongain calculates that CAPEX in the grid scale battery storage market will total $422m in 2014 and expects the market to grow considerably over the next 10 years for grid ancillary services, peak electricity demand shaving, energy efficiency and renewable energy integration.
Why you should buy Grid Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies
What will be the future for the grid scale battery storage market? Visiongain's comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrating new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
To see an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
We guarantee that you will receive key information which will benefit you in the following way:
• View global grid scale battery storage market forecasts and analysis from 2014-2024 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed CAPEX projections of the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2014 to 2024, our new study shows current market data, market shares, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into key commercial and regulatory developments.
• Why struggle to find key market data? Why miss crucial information? Our comprehensive report provides instant market insight
- Our 170 page report provides 98 tables, charts, and graphs. Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future grid scale battery storage market prospects.
- This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. You will also gain from our analyst's industry expertise, allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the grid scale battery storage sector.
• Visiongain is one of the few business intelligence companies that provide full transcripts of primary research company interviews. Be part of this knowledge. Learn what industry thought leaders are thinking. Leaders hold critical information
- By reading the full transcripts of exclusive expert opinion interviews contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don't fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge on the grid scale battery storage sector finding strategic advantages for your work and will learn how your organisation can benefit - allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales.
- A123 Systems
- Aquion Energy
• Learn about the market prospects for the leading product types from 2014-2024
- How will individual product types perform over the forecast period? Discover how high CAPEX can go, from 2014-2024, learning about products and years with the highest predicted growth and revenues. You will be able to assess each technology's future, seeing progress and finding what it means, including emerging trends for those technologies. These forecasts will also reveal the competitive landscape. You will see what is happening, explaining the challenges, trends, competitors, and market opportunities. Our report reveals forecasts for the 4 leading key product types as follows:
- Lithium-ion batteries forecast 2014-2024
- Sodium-based batteries forecast 2014-2024
- Flow batteries forecast 2014-2024
- Advanced lead acid batteries forecast 2014-2024
- Other battery technologies forecast 2014-2024
• Understand the prospects for the leading national grid scale battery markets - where will the highest revenues and opportunities occur?
- Learn about the market potential for grid scale battery companies in the developed and developing countries, from 2013 onwards. You will see where and how opportunities exist with revealing individual market forecasts and analysis from 2014-2024 for 7 leading national markets:
- US forecast 2014-2024
- Japan forecast 2014-2024
- China forecast 2014-2024
- Italy forecast 2014-2024
- Germany forecast 2014-2024
- South Korea forecast 2014-2024
- UK forecast 2014-2024
- Plus the market outlook for Australia, Canada, France, Spain and the Middle East & Africa.
• Find out about the market dynamics & opportunities in 7 leading countries
- Understand industry activity with detailed data revealing where companies are earning their revenues and with what products and with which technology.
• Explore the factors affecting product developers, and everyone within the value chain. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics.
- Explore the political, economic, social, and technological (PEST) issues assessing product advances. Discover what the present and future outlook for business will be. Learn about the following business critical issues -
- Research and development (R&D) strategy
- Technological issues and constraints
- Supply and demand dynamics
- Competition from new product types
- Increasing specialisation by leading players
- Increasing industry consolidation.
- Advances in product quality
- Analysis of barriers to entry
• Identify who the leading companies are in the grid scale battery storage industry
- Our report reveals the technologies and companies which hold the greatest potential. In particular, exploring and analysing the activities of these companies: See where the expected gains will be. Prospects for advances in the grid scale battery storage industry are strong, and from 2014 it holds many opportunities for revenue growth. View Visiongain's assessment of the prospects for established competitors, rising companies, and new market entrants. Our work explains that potential, helping you stay ahead. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with profiles of 5 leading grid scale battery storage companies examining their 2013 CAPEX and market shares, capabilities, product portfolios, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies, M&A activity, and future outlook.
- NGK Insulators
- Sumitomo Electric
- Samsung SDI
- GE Energy Storage
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the grid scale battery storage market
The Grid Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies report provides impartial grid scale battery storage sector analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company's prospects.
To see an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with leading industry experts and full transcripts from these exclusive interviews with A123 Systems, Aquion Energy, Ecoult and RedFlow are included in the report. Visiongain's research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and regional markets forecasts from 2014-2024.
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain's increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain's team of London based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
How the Grid Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies report can benefit you
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the grid scale battery storage market. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinion providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where CAPEX growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are. Don't miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
Avoid falling behind your competitors, overlooking critical business opportunities or losing industry influence. In our new report you will discover forecasts from 2014-2024 at the global, submarket, and national level. The report also assesses technologies, competitive forces and expected product pipeline developments. Read on to discover the prospects for the grid scale battery storage sector and find out what its future market prospects are.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and stay one step ahead of the competition you must order now our report the Grid Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies. Avoid missing out - order our report now.
Companies Listed in this report:
A123 Energy Solutions
AES Energy Storage
Altair Nanotechnologies (Altairnano)
American Electric Power (AEP)
Axion Power International
Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF)
China Southern Power Grid (CSG)
East Penn Manufacturing
Emerson Network Power Australia
Eos Energy Storage
GE Energy Storage
General Electric (GE)
Hudson Clean Energy Partners
Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO)
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI)
Power Grid Corporation of India
Prudent Energy Technology
South Plains Electric Cooperative (SPEC)
Southern California Edison
State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC)
Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO)
Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
Advanced Lead Acid Battery Consortium (ALABC)
Australian Labor Party
Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
California Energy Commission
California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC)
Centre for Renewable Energy Development (CRED)
Centre for the Commercialization of Electric Technologies (CCET)
China Electrical Power Research Institute (CEPRI)
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
Electric Vehicles Initiative (EVI)
European Commission Joint Research Centre
Federal Association of Energy Storage (BVES)
Fraunhofer Center for Energy Storage
German Federal Association of Energy and Water Industries (BDEW)
Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC)
Harvard Business School
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
International Energy Agency (IEA)
Italian Ministry of Economy and Finances
Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI)
Korea Institute of Energy Research (KIER)
Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium (NY-BEST)
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO)
Renewable Energy Policy Network for the 21st Century (REN21)
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Sandia National Laboratories
South Korean Ministry of Knowledge Economy
UK Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
UK Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem)
UK Technology Strategy Board (TSB)
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
US Department of Energy (DOE)
US Energy Information Administration (EIA)
US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
US Republican Party
World Economic Forum
To request an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun at [email protected] or call Tel : +44(0)20-7336-6100
Feb. 26, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,328
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 26, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,796
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Feb. 26, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,994
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Feb. 26, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 536
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develop...
Feb. 26, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 6,382
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Feb. 26, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 6,677
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Steve Wilkes, CTO and founder of Striim, will delve into four enterprise-scale, business-critical case studies where streaming analytics serves as the key to enabling real-time data integration and right-time insights in hybrid cloud, IoT, and fog computing environments. As part of this discussion, he will also present a demo based on its partnership with Fujitsu, highlighting their technologies in a healthcare IoT use-case. The demo showcases the tracking of patie...
Feb. 26, 2017 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,313
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business. Though, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected with a majority of IoT projects having failed. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief IoTologist at Wipro, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology portfolios and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will delve in...
Feb. 26, 2017 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,758
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you...
Feb. 26, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,398
Unsecured IoT devices were used to launch crippling DDOS attacks in October 2016, targeting services such as Twitter, Spotify, and GitHub. Subsequent testimony to Congress about potential attacks on office buildings, schools, and hospitals raised the possibility for the IoT to harm and even kill people. What should be done? Does the government need to intervene? This panel at @ThingExpo New York brings together leading IoT and security experts to discuss this very serious topic.
Feb. 26, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 3,093
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 26, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 5,482
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 26, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 1,602
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 26, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 2,316
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Feb. 26, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 6,952
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and G...
Feb. 26, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 4,466
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Feb. 26, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 6,391
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Feb. 26, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 5,907
Feb. 26, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 4,957
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Feb. 26, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 8,591
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 26, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 2,148