|By PR Newswire||
|March 27, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
LONDON, March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies
The grid scale battery storage market is largely an emerging one, especially when compared to other energy storage systems. Most grid scale batteries are either too expensive or not yet fully tested and understood in a real-life environment - or both. However, pressed by high and rising renewable energy capacity brought online, an increasing number of governments around the world are considering adopting new regulation favouring the commissioning of grid scale storage systems, such as capacity payment mechanisms or mandatory targets for the installation of new storage capacity. Meanwhile, research, development and demonstration efforts are consistent, as utilities and governments hope to be the first movers in one of the most promising markets in the energy industry.
In addition to this, production costs, and eventually market prices, of grid scale batteries are slowly but constantly declining thanks to continuous technological improvements. Just as decisively, a wealth of performance data are becoming available each year as pilot projects are completed around the world, providing the market with key information on the reliability of different battery technologies. A further boost for the sector can come from the rise of the electric vehicle market.
Visiongain calculates that CAPEX in the grid scale battery storage market will total $422m in 2014 and expects the market to grow considerably over the next 10 years for grid ancillary services, peak electricity demand shaving, energy efficiency and renewable energy integration.
Why you should buy Grid Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies
What will be the future for the grid scale battery storage market? Visiongain's comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrating new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
To see an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
We guarantee that you will receive key information which will benefit you in the following way:
• View global grid scale battery storage market forecasts and analysis from 2014-2024 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed CAPEX projections of the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2014 to 2024, our new study shows current market data, market shares, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into key commercial and regulatory developments.
• Why struggle to find key market data? Why miss crucial information? Our comprehensive report provides instant market insight
- Our 170 page report provides 98 tables, charts, and graphs. Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future grid scale battery storage market prospects.
- This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. You will also gain from our analyst's industry expertise, allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the grid scale battery storage sector.
• Visiongain is one of the few business intelligence companies that provide full transcripts of primary research company interviews. Be part of this knowledge. Learn what industry thought leaders are thinking. Leaders hold critical information
- By reading the full transcripts of exclusive expert opinion interviews contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don't fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge on the grid scale battery storage sector finding strategic advantages for your work and will learn how your organisation can benefit - allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales.
- A123 Systems
- Aquion Energy
• Learn about the market prospects for the leading product types from 2014-2024
- How will individual product types perform over the forecast period? Discover how high CAPEX can go, from 2014-2024, learning about products and years with the highest predicted growth and revenues. You will be able to assess each technology's future, seeing progress and finding what it means, including emerging trends for those technologies. These forecasts will also reveal the competitive landscape. You will see what is happening, explaining the challenges, trends, competitors, and market opportunities. Our report reveals forecasts for the 4 leading key product types as follows:
- Lithium-ion batteries forecast 2014-2024
- Sodium-based batteries forecast 2014-2024
- Flow batteries forecast 2014-2024
- Advanced lead acid batteries forecast 2014-2024
- Other battery technologies forecast 2014-2024
• Understand the prospects for the leading national grid scale battery markets - where will the highest revenues and opportunities occur?
- Learn about the market potential for grid scale battery companies in the developed and developing countries, from 2013 onwards. You will see where and how opportunities exist with revealing individual market forecasts and analysis from 2014-2024 for 7 leading national markets:
- US forecast 2014-2024
- Japan forecast 2014-2024
- China forecast 2014-2024
- Italy forecast 2014-2024
- Germany forecast 2014-2024
- South Korea forecast 2014-2024
- UK forecast 2014-2024
- Plus the market outlook for Australia, Canada, France, Spain and the Middle East & Africa.
• Find out about the market dynamics & opportunities in 7 leading countries
- Understand industry activity with detailed data revealing where companies are earning their revenues and with what products and with which technology.
• Explore the factors affecting product developers, and everyone within the value chain. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics.
- Explore the political, economic, social, and technological (PEST) issues assessing product advances. Discover what the present and future outlook for business will be. Learn about the following business critical issues -
- Research and development (R&D) strategy
- Technological issues and constraints
- Supply and demand dynamics
- Competition from new product types
- Increasing specialisation by leading players
- Increasing industry consolidation.
- Advances in product quality
- Analysis of barriers to entry
• Identify who the leading companies are in the grid scale battery storage industry
- Our report reveals the technologies and companies which hold the greatest potential. In particular, exploring and analysing the activities of these companies: See where the expected gains will be. Prospects for advances in the grid scale battery storage industry are strong, and from 2014 it holds many opportunities for revenue growth. View Visiongain's assessment of the prospects for established competitors, rising companies, and new market entrants. Our work explains that potential, helping you stay ahead. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with profiles of 5 leading grid scale battery storage companies examining their 2013 CAPEX and market shares, capabilities, product portfolios, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies, M&A activity, and future outlook.
- NGK Insulators
- Sumitomo Electric
- Samsung SDI
- GE Energy Storage
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the grid scale battery storage market
The Grid Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies report provides impartial grid scale battery storage sector analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company's prospects.
To see an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with leading industry experts and full transcripts from these exclusive interviews with A123 Systems, Aquion Energy, Ecoult and RedFlow are included in the report. Visiongain's research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and regional markets forecasts from 2014-2024.
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain's increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain's team of London based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
How the Grid Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies report can benefit you
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the grid scale battery storage market. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinion providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where CAPEX growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are. Don't miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
Avoid falling behind your competitors, overlooking critical business opportunities or losing industry influence. In our new report you will discover forecasts from 2014-2024 at the global, submarket, and national level. The report also assesses technologies, competitive forces and expected product pipeline developments. Read on to discover the prospects for the grid scale battery storage sector and find out what its future market prospects are.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and stay one step ahead of the competition you must order now our report the Grid Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies. Avoid missing out - order our report now.
Companies Listed in this report:
A123 Energy Solutions
AES Energy Storage
Altair Nanotechnologies (Altairnano)
American Electric Power (AEP)
Axion Power International
Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF)
China Southern Power Grid (CSG)
East Penn Manufacturing
Emerson Network Power Australia
Eos Energy Storage
GE Energy Storage
General Electric (GE)
Hudson Clean Energy Partners
Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO)
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI)
Power Grid Corporation of India
Prudent Energy Technology
South Plains Electric Cooperative (SPEC)
Southern California Edison
State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC)
Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO)
Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
Advanced Lead Acid Battery Consortium (ALABC)
Australian Labor Party
Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
California Energy Commission
California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC)
Centre for Renewable Energy Development (CRED)
Centre for the Commercialization of Electric Technologies (CCET)
China Electrical Power Research Institute (CEPRI)
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
Electric Vehicles Initiative (EVI)
European Commission Joint Research Centre
Federal Association of Energy Storage (BVES)
Fraunhofer Center for Energy Storage
German Federal Association of Energy and Water Industries (BDEW)
Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC)
Harvard Business School
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
International Energy Agency (IEA)
Italian Ministry of Economy and Finances
Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI)
Korea Institute of Energy Research (KIER)
Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium (NY-BEST)
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO)
Renewable Energy Policy Network for the 21st Century (REN21)
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Sandia National Laboratories
South Korean Ministry of Knowledge Economy
UK Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
UK Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem)
UK Technology Strategy Board (TSB)
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
US Department of Energy (DOE)
US Energy Information Administration (EIA)
US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
US Republican Party
World Economic Forum
To request an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun at [email protected] or call Tel : +44(0)20-7336-6100
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 30, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 413
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 29, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,054
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 482
"We work in the area of Big Data analytics and Big Data analytics is a very crowded space - you have Hadoop, ETL, warehousing, visualization and there's a lot of effort trying to get these tools to talk to each other," explained Mukund Deshpande, head of the Analytics practice at Accelerite, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 451
The idea of comparing data in motion (at the sensor level) to data at rest (in a Big Data server warehouse) with predictive analytics in the cloud is very appealing to the industrial IoT sector. The problem Big Data vendors have, however, is access to that data in motion at the sensor location. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Scott Allen, CMO of FreeWave, discussed how as IoT is increasingly adopted by industrial markets, there is going to be an increased demand for sensor data from the outermos...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 413
UAS, drones or unmanned aircraft, no matter what you call them — this was their week. Our news stream was flooded with updates on the newly announced rules and regulations for commercial UAS from the FAA. So, naturally we have dedicated this week’s top news round up to highlight some of our favorite UAS stories.
Jun. 29, 2016 03:02 PM EDT Reads: 319
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 425
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 683
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jun. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 391
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jun. 29, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 575
Apixio Inc. has raised $19.3 million in Series D venture capital funding led by SSM Partners with participation from First Analysis, Bain Capital Ventures and Apixio’s largest angel investor. Apixio will dedicate the proceeds toward advancing and scaling products powered by its cognitive computing platform, further enabling insights for optimal patient care. The Series D funding comes as Apixio experiences strong momentum and increasing demand for its HCC Profiler solution, which mines unstruc...
Jun. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 544
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jun. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 515
Presidio has received the 2015 EMC Partner Services Quality Award from EMC Corporation for achieving outstanding service excellence and customer satisfaction as measured by the EMC Partner Services Quality (PSQ) program. Presidio was also honored as the 2015 EMC Americas Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year and 2015 Mid-Market East Partner of the Year. The EMC PSQ program is a project-specific survey program designed for partners with Service Partner designations to solicit customer feedbac...
Jun. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 607
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Jun. 29, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 575
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 528
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,310
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,284
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 965
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 29, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,474
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jun. 29, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 573