|By PR Newswire||
|March 27, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
LONDON, March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies
The grid scale battery storage market is largely an emerging one, especially when compared to other energy storage systems. Most grid scale batteries are either too expensive or not yet fully tested and understood in a real-life environment - or both. However, pressed by high and rising renewable energy capacity brought online, an increasing number of governments around the world are considering adopting new regulation favouring the commissioning of grid scale storage systems, such as capacity payment mechanisms or mandatory targets for the installation of new storage capacity. Meanwhile, research, development and demonstration efforts are consistent, as utilities and governments hope to be the first movers in one of the most promising markets in the energy industry.
In addition to this, production costs, and eventually market prices, of grid scale batteries are slowly but constantly declining thanks to continuous technological improvements. Just as decisively, a wealth of performance data are becoming available each year as pilot projects are completed around the world, providing the market with key information on the reliability of different battery technologies. A further boost for the sector can come from the rise of the electric vehicle market.
Visiongain calculates that CAPEX in the grid scale battery storage market will total $422m in 2014 and expects the market to grow considerably over the next 10 years for grid ancillary services, peak electricity demand shaving, energy efficiency and renewable energy integration.
Why you should buy Grid Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies
What will be the future for the grid scale battery storage market? Visiongain's comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrating new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
To see an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
We guarantee that you will receive key information which will benefit you in the following way:
• View global grid scale battery storage market forecasts and analysis from 2014-2024 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed CAPEX projections of the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2014 to 2024, our new study shows current market data, market shares, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into key commercial and regulatory developments.
• Why struggle to find key market data? Why miss crucial information? Our comprehensive report provides instant market insight
- Our 170 page report provides 98 tables, charts, and graphs. Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future grid scale battery storage market prospects.
- This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. You will also gain from our analyst's industry expertise, allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the grid scale battery storage sector.
• Visiongain is one of the few business intelligence companies that provide full transcripts of primary research company interviews. Be part of this knowledge. Learn what industry thought leaders are thinking. Leaders hold critical information
- By reading the full transcripts of exclusive expert opinion interviews contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don't fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge on the grid scale battery storage sector finding strategic advantages for your work and will learn how your organisation can benefit - allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales.
- A123 Systems
- Aquion Energy
• Learn about the market prospects for the leading product types from 2014-2024
- How will individual product types perform over the forecast period? Discover how high CAPEX can go, from 2014-2024, learning about products and years with the highest predicted growth and revenues. You will be able to assess each technology's future, seeing progress and finding what it means, including emerging trends for those technologies. These forecasts will also reveal the competitive landscape. You will see what is happening, explaining the challenges, trends, competitors, and market opportunities. Our report reveals forecasts for the 4 leading key product types as follows:
- Lithium-ion batteries forecast 2014-2024
- Sodium-based batteries forecast 2014-2024
- Flow batteries forecast 2014-2024
- Advanced lead acid batteries forecast 2014-2024
- Other battery technologies forecast 2014-2024
• Understand the prospects for the leading national grid scale battery markets - where will the highest revenues and opportunities occur?
- Learn about the market potential for grid scale battery companies in the developed and developing countries, from 2013 onwards. You will see where and how opportunities exist with revealing individual market forecasts and analysis from 2014-2024 for 7 leading national markets:
- US forecast 2014-2024
- Japan forecast 2014-2024
- China forecast 2014-2024
- Italy forecast 2014-2024
- Germany forecast 2014-2024
- South Korea forecast 2014-2024
- UK forecast 2014-2024
- Plus the market outlook for Australia, Canada, France, Spain and the Middle East & Africa.
• Find out about the market dynamics & opportunities in 7 leading countries
- Understand industry activity with detailed data revealing where companies are earning their revenues and with what products and with which technology.
• Explore the factors affecting product developers, and everyone within the value chain. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics.
- Explore the political, economic, social, and technological (PEST) issues assessing product advances. Discover what the present and future outlook for business will be. Learn about the following business critical issues -
- Research and development (R&D) strategy
- Technological issues and constraints
- Supply and demand dynamics
- Competition from new product types
- Increasing specialisation by leading players
- Increasing industry consolidation.
- Advances in product quality
- Analysis of barriers to entry
• Identify who the leading companies are in the grid scale battery storage industry
- Our report reveals the technologies and companies which hold the greatest potential. In particular, exploring and analysing the activities of these companies: See where the expected gains will be. Prospects for advances in the grid scale battery storage industry are strong, and from 2014 it holds many opportunities for revenue growth. View Visiongain's assessment of the prospects for established competitors, rising companies, and new market entrants. Our work explains that potential, helping you stay ahead. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with profiles of 5 leading grid scale battery storage companies examining their 2013 CAPEX and market shares, capabilities, product portfolios, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies, M&A activity, and future outlook.
- NGK Insulators
- Sumitomo Electric
- Samsung SDI
- GE Energy Storage
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the grid scale battery storage market
The Grid Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies report provides impartial grid scale battery storage sector analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company's prospects.
To see an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with leading industry experts and full transcripts from these exclusive interviews with A123 Systems, Aquion Energy, Ecoult and RedFlow are included in the report. Visiongain's research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and regional markets forecasts from 2014-2024.
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain's increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain's team of London based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
How the Grid Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies report can benefit you
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the grid scale battery storage market. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinion providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where CAPEX growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are. Don't miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
Avoid falling behind your competitors, overlooking critical business opportunities or losing industry influence. In our new report you will discover forecasts from 2014-2024 at the global, submarket, and national level. The report also assesses technologies, competitive forces and expected product pipeline developments. Read on to discover the prospects for the grid scale battery storage sector and find out what its future market prospects are.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and stay one step ahead of the competition you must order now our report the Grid Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Companies. Avoid missing out - order our report now.
Companies Listed in this report:
A123 Energy Solutions
AES Energy Storage
Altair Nanotechnologies (Altairnano)
American Electric Power (AEP)
Axion Power International
Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF)
China Southern Power Grid (CSG)
East Penn Manufacturing
Emerson Network Power Australia
Eos Energy Storage
GE Energy Storage
General Electric (GE)
Hudson Clean Energy Partners
Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO)
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI)
Power Grid Corporation of India
Prudent Energy Technology
South Plains Electric Cooperative (SPEC)
Southern California Edison
State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC)
Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO)
Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
Advanced Lead Acid Battery Consortium (ALABC)
Australian Labor Party
Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
California Energy Commission
California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC)
Centre for Renewable Energy Development (CRED)
Centre for the Commercialization of Electric Technologies (CCET)
China Electrical Power Research Institute (CEPRI)
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
Electric Vehicles Initiative (EVI)
European Commission Joint Research Centre
Federal Association of Energy Storage (BVES)
Fraunhofer Center for Energy Storage
German Federal Association of Energy and Water Industries (BDEW)
Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC)
Harvard Business School
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
International Energy Agency (IEA)
Italian Ministry of Economy and Finances
Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI)
Korea Institute of Energy Research (KIER)
Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium (NY-BEST)
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO)
Renewable Energy Policy Network for the 21st Century (REN21)
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Sandia National Laboratories
South Korean Ministry of Knowledge Economy
UK Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
UK Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem)
UK Technology Strategy Board (TSB)
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
US Department of Energy (DOE)
US Energy Information Administration (EIA)
US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
US Republican Party
World Economic Forum
To request an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun at [email protected] or call Tel : +44(0)20-7336-6100
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 17, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 2,705
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 17, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 3,520
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 17, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 488
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 17, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 6,010
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 16, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 7,446
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 376
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,555
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,601
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 5,490
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 5,025
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 16, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,418
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,891
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 4,160
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 5,688
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 16, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 3,046
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 5,871
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 4,523
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 16, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,108
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 4,543
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,858