|By Marketwired .||
|February 1, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/01/13 -- Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today introduced Cisco StadiumVision® Mobile, a ground-breaking solution that delivers live video to fans' mobile devices to create an entirely new experience in sports and entertainment venues. The solution uses an intelligent and high-density Cisco® Connected Stadium Wi-Fi network to bring high-quality video straight to the latest smartphones and tablets with minimal delay. Global sports and entertainment leaders the Brooklyn Nets (Barclays Center), Real Madrid (Estadio Santiago Bernabéu) and Sporting Kansas City (Sporting Park) are the first to be implementing StadiumVision Mobile in their venues.
More than 10 billion mobile devices are projected to be in use by 2016, and 71 percent of mobile data traffic is expected to be video by that time as well.(1) Teams and venues around the world understand that fans are demanding to be connected, engaged, able to interact and given an all-encompassing multimedia experience via their mobile devices. StadiumVision Mobile delivers on those demands.
When integrated with an in-venue app, the solution delivers live video and data feeds with minimal delay and offers multiple channels of unique content such as a replay channel, an alternate-view channel (a view of the bench during timeouts), and a data channel (for stats, trivia contests and multi-player games). These options create a more interactive and personalized experience and open business opportunities for the venue and teams through targeted advertising, sponsorship activations, promotions, branding and more. The solution was developed with an open interface to meet custom software requirements and seamlessly integrate with in-venue apps.
Cisco StadiumVision Mobile represents the industry's first proven solution to use multicast over Wi-Fi, which enables one source to be broadcast over an optimized network to many devices in a highly efficient way. This is a significant advancement over traditional unicast solutions, where one video channel is replicated multiple times across the network to each device.
The StadiumVision Mobile technology dramatically increases scalability, previously a problem in high-density environments, as the potential stress on the network is the same whether one mobile device or tens of thousands are viewing a particular video feed.
The addition of this technology to the Cisco Connected Sports & Entertainment portfolio, which includes Connected Stadium Wi-Fi and StadiumVision (an industry-leading digital video and content distribution platform), creates the only end-to-end offering for delivering a completely integrated live fan experience. To date, more than 100 venues around the world feature Cisco's customized solutions.
David Holland, general manager and senior vice president, Cisco Sports & Entertainment Solutions Group
"The introduction of Cisco StadiumVision Mobile marks a significant milestone for Cisco and the Sports and Entertainment industry. As prominent teams and customers around the world, such as the Brooklyn Nets, Real Madrid and Sporting Kansas City, begin to use this solution, fans will be able to use their mobile devices to transport themselves to the center of the action -- no matter where they are in the venue. We are empowering our customers to meet the demands of a new generation of fans with media-rich, personalized experiences that translate into significant business opportunities."
Bringing this solution to market required not only significant research and development investment from Cisco, but the expertise of organizations like Sporting Innovations, who tested, refined and advanced the solution over the past year. The dedication and focus of the Cisco Sports & Entertainment Solutions Group, along with collaboration from our customers over the last 18 months, have made StadiumVision Mobile an exciting reality."
Brett Yormark, chief executive officer, Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center
"Cisco's sports and entertainment solutions have a proven track record of success, and their technologies are aiding us in leading and creating memorable experiences for fans at Barclays Center. We are committed to offering our fans new and unique amenities to engage with us and our partners, and StadiumVision Mobile is one of the ways we are achieving that goal."
Chip Foley, director of building technology, Forest City Ratner Cos. (developer of Barclays Center)
"StadiumVision Mobile is a key component of Barclays Center's official mobile app. Our goal was to make Barclays Center one of the most technologically advanced venues in the world, and deliver an app to fans that includes incredible features like live video, the ability to order concessions from your seat and pick them up without standing in line and a plethora of other team and venue information."
Enrique Uriel, chief information officer, Real Madrid, C.F.
"Cisco StadiumVision Mobile will allow our fans to customize their experience in ways never before possible in the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu. We know the millions of Real Madrid fans desire to be connected and engaged through their devices at all times, and this unique mobile video solution is a brilliant way to take these experiences to a completely new level. We are always looking to add key proven capabilities to complement the existing cutting-edge technology at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, high-density Wi-Fi and HD video solutions, in order to deliver more value to our members, partners and passionate fans inside the venue and around the word."
Asim Pasha, chief information officer, Sporting Kansas City; managing partner, Sporting Innovations
"Cisco has been an incredible partner for Sporting Kansas City and Sporting Innovations. Together we have been able to use technology to reshape the fan paradigm. Cisco StadiumVision Mobile is the next step in that process, and we believe it will radically alter and enhance how teams and venues interact with fans. We look forward to implementing solutions that leverage StadiumVision Mobile to our other clients around the world."
StadiumVision Mobile Capabilities
- Creating New Fan Experiences
- Multiple channels of unique live content deliver an enhanced experience for fans and place them at the center of the experience, no matter where they are seated in the venue.
- The solution can also deliver several other channels such as a replay channel, an alternate-view channel (a view of the bench during timeouts), a broadcast channel (out-of-town games) and data channels (for stats, trivia contests and multiplayer games) that create a significantly more interactive and personalized experience.
- Delivering New Revenue Opportunities
- Real-time delivery of multimedia to mobile devices in the venue creates the opportunity for teams, venues and leagues to connect with fans through targeted advertising, sponsorship activations, promotions, branding and more.
- A venue-wide "Moment of Exclusivity" -- owning every screen option in the venue (big board, HD displays, and now mobile devices) can deliver high-impact brand exposure for one specific sponsor.
- Achieving End-to-End Integration
- The solution achieves end-to-end integration across the entire Cisco Connected Sports and Entertainment portfolio.
- From a single innovation platform (Connected Stadium) teams can now connect with fans through HD displays (StadiumVision), enable fans to share their experience via social media channels (Connected Stadium Wi-Fi), and place them at the center of the experience with live video (StadiumVision Mobile).
For more information on how Cisco is transforming the Sports and Entertainment industry, please visit:
- Cisco Sports & Entertainment
- Cisco StadiumVision Mobile
- Cisco Connected Stadium Wi-Fi
- Cisco Wireless
- Cisco IP Multicast
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
(1) Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI): Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast, 2011-2016 (February 14, 2012)
Matt Van Tuinen
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- Cloud Expo: APIs for Mobile App Development: A Soup to Nuts Analysis
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- Cloud Expo Platinum Plus Sponsor HGST and Gold Sponsor Verizon Team Up
- Enterprise Mobility, Business Executives and Mobility Vendors
- Cisco Pioneers Real-Time Application Delivery in Global Data Centers and Clouds to Enable Greater Business Agility
- Solving BYOD Challenges with Windows Server 2012 R2
- Why Windows Server 2012 R2: Step-by-Step Workplace Join
- Where the Physical Meets the Digital - GIS and Enterprise Mobility
- Email Is 40 Years Old, Is It Dead Yet?
- Enterprise Mobility and Network Centric Management Strategies
- Financial Results, New Appointments, and General Meetings - Research Report on Red Hat, Yelp, Sierra Wireless, Infinera, and Bitauto
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- WebRTC Summit Sponsorship Opportunities Announced
- DoubleDutch Raises $10M Series C From Bessemer Venture Partners, FLOODGATE and More
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- A Comparison of the Programming APIs Available in SAP Mobile Platform 2.3
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- Accelerate Mobile & Web Application Development with Linked Data Services
- Can Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Improve BYOD Security Issues?
- VoxImplant Launches Features for WebRTC-enabled Browsers
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Should RIM BlackBerries Be Rented?
- Has the Technology Bounceback Begun?
- Trump's Apprentice Runner-Up Rebecca Jarvis Has $150,000 Job Offer From SYS-CON Media
- "Mobile Web 2.0" – How Web 2.0 Impacts Mobility & Digital Convergence
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ringback Tones
- Microsoft and Sprint Collaborate on Mobile Search
- Mobile Music Gets Boost From New W600 "Walkman Phone"
- i-Technology Blog: Zero-Cost Telephony, the 6-Ton Elephant in the Telco Room
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open