|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 09:01 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, California, January 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
QualiSystems announced today it has added the ability to integrate its TestShell enterprise software framework with FiberZone's Automated Fiber Management (AFM) Layer 1 Switch to allow customers to perform lab management and provisioning remotely. QualiSystems' TestShell, an enterprise software framework, offers complete lab management and device provisioning that enable engineers to optimize lab performance, increase testing coverage, and expand equipment utilization even while working remotely. FiberZone's AFM switches perform fast switching, support both multimode and single mode fibers. Together, the two companies can provide users with direct access to FiberZone hardware by adding remote cloud-based capabilities to the physical lab.
FiberZone specializes in fiber infrastructure by facilitating remote and automated end-to-end connectivity control via automated patching. QualiSystems' focus on networks, storage and cloud infrastructure provisioning complements FiberZone's superior optical performance including scalability and high reliability. This new integration is both cost-effective and optimizes network testing labs, giving QualiSystems and FiberZone's customers the ability to improve the quality of their products and services.
Layer-1 switch integration provides an increase in overall speed, and scalability. Furthermore, lab set up time and efforts will be reduced when deploying the AFM switch combined with TestShell because of automated connectivity, reduced cabling and speedier provisioning to complete test set-up according to the individual customers' requirements. Beyond controlling Layer-1 switches, TestShell provides complete support for network, storage and test equipment via a large embedded set of integrated tools including:
- CLI (Command Line Interface) - allows the use of common scripting languages to automate topology provisioning and configuration
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) - including SNMPv1, SNMPv2, and SNMPv3
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) automation - driving web, java and Microsoft based applications.
"This integration solution is offered to network equipment manufacturers, service providers, datacenters and enterprises that benefit from the added ability to provide a powerful lab management platform that optimizes resource utilization and lab performance," says Bill Simmelink, FiberZone Networks CEO. "We look forward to continued success with the AFM family, now enhanced by the inclusion of QualiSystems' lab automation capabilities."
"The strengths of QualiSystems' TestShell combined with FiberZone's Layer-1 switch will convert lab management into a cloud environment for network and storage testing" said Eitan Lavie, vice president of Product & Marketing at QualiSystems. "FiberZone is a trusted supplier of remote fiber connectivity solutions and this pairing brings additional benefits and capabilities to customers for setting up test environments in a cloud type self-servicing manner."
About FiberZone Networks
FiberZone Networks delivers remote fiber connectivity solutions to datacenters and networks with its Automatic Fiber Management (AFM) product line, delivering reliability, flexibility, fault tolerance and management to the fiber infrastructure. FiberZone's AFM significantly increases network reliability and availability, reduces operating costs, minimizes network faults and human errors, and prevents revenue losses & SLA (Service Level Agreement) penalties. FiberZone's AFM product line utilizes patent-pending Latched Optical Coupling (LOCTM) technology that delivers reliable passive connectivity in a remotely-managed automated fiber management system. http://www.fiberzone-networks.com/
TestShell is an end-to-end software framework for lab management, device provisioning and test automation. The software is used by carriers, network service providers, data centers, enterprises, and device manufacturers. TestShell provides complete lab management, resource scheduling, automated device provisioning, topology creation, and comprehensive reporting and analysis. The software framework helps organizations to improve product quality, optimize lab performance, shorten release time to market, and significantly reduce capital and operational expenditures.
QualiSystems is a leading provider of enterprise software solutions for test and lab automation, driving innovation, efficiency and ROI.
Used in the Networking environment to manage and drive large scale testing labs, QualiSystems' TestShell framework enables engineers to optimize lab performance and increase testing coverage while expanding equipment utilization, reducing setup time and accelerating testing. TestShell Framework has already proven as an industry-critical solution in North America, APAC, Europe and the Middle East, where it is used by market leaders from a wide spectrum of industries including network equipment manufacturers, telecom operators, data center providers, enterprises and electronics device manufacturers. http://www.qualisystems.com
Lynda Starr, Vantage Communications for QualiSystems
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- Cloud Expo Platinum Plus Sponsor HGST and Gold Sponsor Verizon Team Up
- Enterprise Mobility, Business Executives and Mobility Vendors
- Cisco Pioneers Real-Time Application Delivery in Global Data Centers and Clouds to Enable Greater Business Agility
- Solving BYOD Challenges with Windows Server 2012 R2
- Why Windows Server 2012 R2: Step-by-Step Workplace Join
- Where the Physical Meets the Digital - GIS and Enterprise Mobility
- Enterprise Mobility and Network Centric Management Strategies
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- BYOD and Mobile Security Solutions
- Enterprise Mobility Is a Component of Digital Transformation
- Financial Results, New Appointments, and General Meetings - Research Report on Red Hat, Yelp, Sierra Wireless, Infinera, and Bitauto
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- DoubleDutch Raises $10M Series C From Bessemer Venture Partners, FLOODGATE and More
- A Comparison of the Programming APIs Available in SAP Mobile Platform 2.3
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- Accelerate Mobile & Web Application Development with Linked Data Services
- Can Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Improve BYOD Security Issues?
- VoxImplant Launches Features for WebRTC-enabled Browsers
- Getting Ready for the Future of Technology
- Cloud Expo: APIs for Mobile App Development: A Soup to Nuts Analysis
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Should RIM BlackBerries Be Rented?
- Has the Technology Bounceback Begun?
- Trump's Apprentice Runner-Up Rebecca Jarvis Has $150,000 Job Offer From SYS-CON Media
- "Mobile Web 2.0" – How Web 2.0 Impacts Mobility & Digital Convergence
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ringback Tones
- Microsoft and Sprint Collaborate on Mobile Search
- Mobile Music Gets Boost From New W600 "Walkman Phone"
- i-Technology Blog: Zero-Cost Telephony, the 6-Ton Elephant in the Telco Room
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open