|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2013 12:01 PM EST||
CES BOOTH #1101 – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. continues to embrace the consumer’s smartphone connected lifestyle with the broadest range of car, home and DJ electronic products that offer multiple wired and wireless options with today’s iOS and the Android™ OS smartphone devices. With 97% of smartphone owners in the U.S. using smartphones at home1, 83% while on the go, and 88% for entertainment purposes, Pioneer is committed to the integration of smartphone connectivity with its line of consumer electronics products to bring consumers that personal smartphone experience, whenever and wherever.
Showcased at this year’s 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show, Pioneer is demonstrating interoperability with its smartphone integrated products, including car electronics products such as the AppRadio™ 2, in-dash multimedia navigation and in-dash DVD receivers; home electronics products such as wireless speakers and home audio video receivers; and professional and “prosumer” products such as DJ controllers. This broad range of products enables users to connect their Apple® iOS or Google® Android OS smartphone devices with ease and provide access and control of stored multimedia content and/or smartphone applications.
“The smartphone has become the source for consumer entertainment. They want to share content from their device(s) and we’re making that happen, whether it’s at home, in the car, or on the go,” said Russ Johnston, executive vice president of Corporate Communications for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “We’re the most smartphone-friendly brand and we are using the latest technologies, including iPhone® 5 connectivity, AppRadio™ Mode, AirPlay™, HTC Connect™, DLNA®, Wireless Direct and Bluetooth®, to give consumers the freedom to enjoy stored audio video entertainment, the latest compatible apps and online content.”
Pioneer Car Electronics Division
Pioneer’s Car Electronics Division is transforming any car into a “connected car,” bringing products designed to meet the consumer’s desire for enhanced integration of entertainment and smartphone connectivity in the car. Pioneer’s in-dash car receivers offer the most smartphone connectivity options for the iPhone 5 and several Android smartphones.
- Multimedia Navigation and DVD Receivers – New connected in-dash products introduced at CES include three navigation receivers and three DVD receivers. As a part of the AppRadio platform, which now consists of a total of thirteen in-dash receivers starting at only $300 suggested retail price, all six systems incorporate Pioneer’s AppRadio Mode (previously known as Advanced App Mode) to provide users the ability to access and control dozens of compatible smartphone apps* through the units’ built-in touchscreen displays.
- iPhone 5 Connectivity – In less than four months, Pioneer was able to develop three different solutions to provide enhanced connectivity between iPhone 5 and a total of thirteen Pioneer in-dash receivers (nine 2013 models and five 2012 models2). Available in the spring, the CD-IH202, CD-IV202AV and CD-IV202NAVI connectivity kits3, in conjunction with an appropriate Apple Lightning adapter from Apple, will give iPhone 5 users the ability to access and control select iPhone 5 apps via the in-dash touchscreen display; to play and control music and videos stored on the iPhone 5; and to play and control the Pandora® internet radio app running on their iPhone 5 via the revolutionary AppRadio and AppRadio Mode interfaces.
- AppRadio Development Center – Pioneer continues to work with many of the most popular services and app developers to deliver the latest and most in demand in-vehicle content from the user’s smartphone to the car. Pioneer’s AppRadio Development Center (www.appradiodev.com) will help grow the library of AppRadio apps*, expediting the development process between Pioneer and third-party app developers by providing the tools necessary for integrating appropriate apps with the AppRadio platform. These tools include the software development kit, technical support, and additional resources to find all of the information necessary from a single central resource portal.
- Latest Apps – Adding to the long list of compatible apps available on the AppRadio platform, new apps have been officially added including those announced at the CES show: iHeartAuto™, Rdio®, Beej!™, Parkopedia®, Glympse®, and Maxthon® Cloud Web Browser, available for the iOS and Android operating systems. The number of applications compatible with the AppRadio platform now totals more than three dozen, ranging from entertainment to navigation apps. A special section of the Pioneer booth has been dedicated to demonstrating the new apps. For a full list of compatible apps on the AppRadio platform, log on to http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/appradio.
Pioneer Home Electronics Division
Pioneer’s Home Electronics Division recognizes that the smartphone has become the preferred source for streaming audio and video entertainment and offers the most connectivity options in the home for today’s smartphone users. Pioneer’s home electronics products integrate the latest and most convenient wireless technology options for sharing smartphone content in the home through AirPlay, DLNA 1.5, Wireless Direct, HTC Connect, and Bluetooth, as well as exclusive apps such as ControlApp and iControlAV2012.
- Wireless Speakers – Pioneer adds to its lineup of whole home audio products by entering the wireless speaker category with its line of SMA series of Wi-Fi® speakers, the XW-SMA1, XW-SMA3 and XW-SMA4. Designed and sound tuned by renowned speaker engineer Andrew Jones, all three models offer AirPlay and DLNA connectivity, as well as an alternative wireless connection called Wireless Direct that allows the speaker to act as its own wireless access point when a network connection is unavailable.
- Networked Home Audio Video Receivers – The full line of networked Pioneer® and Elite® branded audio video receivers will be on display demonstrating support of streaming audio through AirPlay and HTC Connect as well as Pioneer’s proprietary control apps such as ControlApp and iControlAV2012, which allow the user to control and push content from the phone to the audio video receiver via network connection.
- Latest Connectivity – Pioneer is committed to staying at the forefront of technology and continues to offer the latest in connectivity options with the most popular smartphone platforms in the market. Pioneer home products are compatible with the newest iPhone 5 and iPhones running iOS6.
Additionally, Pioneer is the first consumer electronics manufacturer to receive HTC Connect certification and provide a unified connectivity solution for Android smartphone users via HTC Connect technology incorporated in Pioneer’s wireless speakers and AV receivers.
Pioneer DJ Division
Pioneer DJ brings the connected lifestyle into the DJ world with the XDJ-AERO controller, the industry’s first Wi-Fi® DJ system that can wirelessly play music tracks from smart devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers4. The XDJ-AERO allows users to mix and arrange their favorite music tracks stored on their smart devices via Wi-Fi, as well as on USB memory devices and computers via compatible DJ software by way of MIDI. For additional benefits and convenience, the XDJ-AERO also features Wireless Direct, creating its own access point when Wi-Fi isn’t available or not in range, further enabling quick and convenient connectivity with portable smart devices.
More Pioneer Technologies
- Additional products at the booth demonstrating connectivity include Zypr™, Pioneer’s Web API (Application Programming Interface) that aggregates Internet content and integrates it into mobile devices.
- Pioneer continues to incorporate features from popular music listening trends into its products. Pioneer’s MIXTRAX™ music technology brings today’s DJ-centric lifestyle into the car and home settings. To showcase the revolutionary MIXTRAX technology, Pioneer will be featuring Travis Barker’s classic ’51 Chevy Truck equipped with the DEH-X9500BHS CD receiver at its CES booth.
- Continuing its history of innovation in new business categories, Pioneer will display its future cycling technology, the SGX-CA900 high-performance cyclocomputer and the SGY-PM900 wireless water resistant pedaling monitor sensor, designed to improve pedaling technique for serious riders. The cycling technology builds on Pioneer’s heritage in analysis software and provides riders with detailed analysis of their rides to evaluate their performance.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets and is celebrating 75 years of innovation in the consumer electronics industry.
* Read the operation manual as well as all instructions and cautions provided with compatible smartphone apps before use. Become familiar with any applicable state and local laws. Pay attention to the road, limit glances to the device, and do not use any feature if it cannot be operated safely in your location and environment. Distracted driving may result in serious injury, including death.
1 Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT survey – Our Mobile Planet: United States, Understanding the Mobile Consumer (May 2012)
2 Firmware updates and optional cables required.
3 Connectivity kits and Apple Lightning adapter requirements vary by model. For more information, visit www.pioneerelectronics.com/appradio.
4 Requires computer with wireless LAN functions or wireless LAN network.
PIONEER, ELITE, AppRadio and MIXTRAX are trademarks or registered
trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
iPhone and AirPlay are trademarks of Apple Inc.
iHeartAuto is a trademark of Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc.
Parkopedia is a registered trademark of Parkopedia Limited.
Beej! is a trademark of ILS Technologies LLC.
Glympse is a registered trademark of Glympse Inc.
Rdio is a registered trademark of Rdio, Inc.
Maxthon is a registered trademark of Maxthon USA Inc.
DLNA, the DLNA Logo and DLNA Certified are trademarks, service marks, or certification marks of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray are trademarks owned by the Blu-ray Disc Association.
The Bluetooth word mark is registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Pioneer is under license.
HTC and HTC Connect are trademarks of HTC Corporation.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 357
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 337
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,421
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 143
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,079
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,173
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,299
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,205
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,776
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,049
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,044
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 335
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,910
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,588
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 405
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,973
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 487
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,553
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,502