|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2013 12:01 PM EST||
CES BOOTH #1101 – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. continues to embrace the consumer’s smartphone connected lifestyle with the broadest range of car, home and DJ electronic products that offer multiple wired and wireless options with today’s iOS and the Android™ OS smartphone devices. With 97% of smartphone owners in the U.S. using smartphones at home1, 83% while on the go, and 88% for entertainment purposes, Pioneer is committed to the integration of smartphone connectivity with its line of consumer electronics products to bring consumers that personal smartphone experience, whenever and wherever.
Showcased at this year’s 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show, Pioneer is demonstrating interoperability with its smartphone integrated products, including car electronics products such as the AppRadio™ 2, in-dash multimedia navigation and in-dash DVD receivers; home electronics products such as wireless speakers and home audio video receivers; and professional and “prosumer” products such as DJ controllers. This broad range of products enables users to connect their Apple® iOS or Google® Android OS smartphone devices with ease and provide access and control of stored multimedia content and/or smartphone applications.
“The smartphone has become the source for consumer entertainment. They want to share content from their device(s) and we’re making that happen, whether it’s at home, in the car, or on the go,” said Russ Johnston, executive vice president of Corporate Communications for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “We’re the most smartphone-friendly brand and we are using the latest technologies, including iPhone® 5 connectivity, AppRadio™ Mode, AirPlay™, HTC Connect™, DLNA®, Wireless Direct and Bluetooth®, to give consumers the freedom to enjoy stored audio video entertainment, the latest compatible apps and online content.”
Pioneer Car Electronics Division
Pioneer’s Car Electronics Division is transforming any car into a “connected car,” bringing products designed to meet the consumer’s desire for enhanced integration of entertainment and smartphone connectivity in the car. Pioneer’s in-dash car receivers offer the most smartphone connectivity options for the iPhone 5 and several Android smartphones.
- Multimedia Navigation and DVD Receivers – New connected in-dash products introduced at CES include three navigation receivers and three DVD receivers. As a part of the AppRadio platform, which now consists of a total of thirteen in-dash receivers starting at only $300 suggested retail price, all six systems incorporate Pioneer’s AppRadio Mode (previously known as Advanced App Mode) to provide users the ability to access and control dozens of compatible smartphone apps* through the units’ built-in touchscreen displays.
- iPhone 5 Connectivity – In less than four months, Pioneer was able to develop three different solutions to provide enhanced connectivity between iPhone 5 and a total of thirteen Pioneer in-dash receivers (nine 2013 models and five 2012 models2). Available in the spring, the CD-IH202, CD-IV202AV and CD-IV202NAVI connectivity kits3, in conjunction with an appropriate Apple Lightning adapter from Apple, will give iPhone 5 users the ability to access and control select iPhone 5 apps via the in-dash touchscreen display; to play and control music and videos stored on the iPhone 5; and to play and control the Pandora® internet radio app running on their iPhone 5 via the revolutionary AppRadio and AppRadio Mode interfaces.
- AppRadio Development Center – Pioneer continues to work with many of the most popular services and app developers to deliver the latest and most in demand in-vehicle content from the user’s smartphone to the car. Pioneer’s AppRadio Development Center (www.appradiodev.com) will help grow the library of AppRadio apps*, expediting the development process between Pioneer and third-party app developers by providing the tools necessary for integrating appropriate apps with the AppRadio platform. These tools include the software development kit, technical support, and additional resources to find all of the information necessary from a single central resource portal.
- Latest Apps – Adding to the long list of compatible apps available on the AppRadio platform, new apps have been officially added including those announced at the CES show: iHeartAuto™, Rdio®, Beej!™, Parkopedia®, Glympse®, and Maxthon® Cloud Web Browser, available for the iOS and Android operating systems. The number of applications compatible with the AppRadio platform now totals more than three dozen, ranging from entertainment to navigation apps. A special section of the Pioneer booth has been dedicated to demonstrating the new apps. For a full list of compatible apps on the AppRadio platform, log on to http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/appradio.
Pioneer Home Electronics Division
Pioneer’s Home Electronics Division recognizes that the smartphone has become the preferred source for streaming audio and video entertainment and offers the most connectivity options in the home for today’s smartphone users. Pioneer’s home electronics products integrate the latest and most convenient wireless technology options for sharing smartphone content in the home through AirPlay, DLNA 1.5, Wireless Direct, HTC Connect, and Bluetooth, as well as exclusive apps such as ControlApp and iControlAV2012.
- Wireless Speakers – Pioneer adds to its lineup of whole home audio products by entering the wireless speaker category with its line of SMA series of Wi-Fi® speakers, the XW-SMA1, XW-SMA3 and XW-SMA4. Designed and sound tuned by renowned speaker engineer Andrew Jones, all three models offer AirPlay and DLNA connectivity, as well as an alternative wireless connection called Wireless Direct that allows the speaker to act as its own wireless access point when a network connection is unavailable.
- Networked Home Audio Video Receivers – The full line of networked Pioneer® and Elite® branded audio video receivers will be on display demonstrating support of streaming audio through AirPlay and HTC Connect as well as Pioneer’s proprietary control apps such as ControlApp and iControlAV2012, which allow the user to control and push content from the phone to the audio video receiver via network connection.
- Latest Connectivity – Pioneer is committed to staying at the forefront of technology and continues to offer the latest in connectivity options with the most popular smartphone platforms in the market. Pioneer home products are compatible with the newest iPhone 5 and iPhones running iOS6.
Additionally, Pioneer is the first consumer electronics manufacturer to receive HTC Connect certification and provide a unified connectivity solution for Android smartphone users via HTC Connect technology incorporated in Pioneer’s wireless speakers and AV receivers.
Pioneer DJ Division
Pioneer DJ brings the connected lifestyle into the DJ world with the XDJ-AERO controller, the industry’s first Wi-Fi® DJ system that can wirelessly play music tracks from smart devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers4. The XDJ-AERO allows users to mix and arrange their favorite music tracks stored on their smart devices via Wi-Fi, as well as on USB memory devices and computers via compatible DJ software by way of MIDI. For additional benefits and convenience, the XDJ-AERO also features Wireless Direct, creating its own access point when Wi-Fi isn’t available or not in range, further enabling quick and convenient connectivity with portable smart devices.
More Pioneer Technologies
- Additional products at the booth demonstrating connectivity include Zypr™, Pioneer’s Web API (Application Programming Interface) that aggregates Internet content and integrates it into mobile devices.
- Pioneer continues to incorporate features from popular music listening trends into its products. Pioneer’s MIXTRAX™ music technology brings today’s DJ-centric lifestyle into the car and home settings. To showcase the revolutionary MIXTRAX technology, Pioneer will be featuring Travis Barker’s classic ’51 Chevy Truck equipped with the DEH-X9500BHS CD receiver at its CES booth.
- Continuing its history of innovation in new business categories, Pioneer will display its future cycling technology, the SGX-CA900 high-performance cyclocomputer and the SGY-PM900 wireless water resistant pedaling monitor sensor, designed to improve pedaling technique for serious riders. The cycling technology builds on Pioneer’s heritage in analysis software and provides riders with detailed analysis of their rides to evaluate their performance.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets and is celebrating 75 years of innovation in the consumer electronics industry.
* Read the operation manual as well as all instructions and cautions provided with compatible smartphone apps before use. Become familiar with any applicable state and local laws. Pay attention to the road, limit glances to the device, and do not use any feature if it cannot be operated safely in your location and environment. Distracted driving may result in serious injury, including death.
1 Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT survey – Our Mobile Planet: United States, Understanding the Mobile Consumer (May 2012)
2 Firmware updates and optional cables required.
3 Connectivity kits and Apple Lightning adapter requirements vary by model. For more information, visit www.pioneerelectronics.com/appradio.
4 Requires computer with wireless LAN functions or wireless LAN network.
PIONEER, ELITE, AppRadio and MIXTRAX are trademarks or registered
trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
iPhone and AirPlay are trademarks of Apple Inc.
iHeartAuto is a trademark of Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc.
Parkopedia is a registered trademark of Parkopedia Limited.
Beej! is a trademark of ILS Technologies LLC.
Glympse is a registered trademark of Glympse Inc.
Rdio is a registered trademark of Rdio, Inc.
Maxthon is a registered trademark of Maxthon USA Inc.
DLNA, the DLNA Logo and DLNA Certified are trademarks, service marks, or certification marks of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray are trademarks owned by the Blu-ray Disc Association.
The Bluetooth word mark is registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Pioneer is under license.
HTC and HTC Connect are trademarks of HTC Corporation.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 605
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 22, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,955
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 22, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 966
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 22, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 477
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,582
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,654
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 22, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,441
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 22, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 645
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, will discuss the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docke...
Oct. 22, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,244
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Oct. 22, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,892
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 22, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,230
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 22, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,496
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 22, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 11,268
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 22, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,334
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,271
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 924
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 22, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,278
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 22, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,281
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 22, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 749
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,426