|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2013 12:01 PM EST||
CES BOOTH #1101 – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. continues to embrace the consumer’s smartphone connected lifestyle with the broadest range of car, home and DJ electronic products that offer multiple wired and wireless options with today’s iOS and the Android™ OS smartphone devices. With 97% of smartphone owners in the U.S. using smartphones at home1, 83% while on the go, and 88% for entertainment purposes, Pioneer is committed to the integration of smartphone connectivity with its line of consumer electronics products to bring consumers that personal smartphone experience, whenever and wherever.
Showcased at this year’s 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show, Pioneer is demonstrating interoperability with its smartphone integrated products, including car electronics products such as the AppRadio™ 2, in-dash multimedia navigation and in-dash DVD receivers; home electronics products such as wireless speakers and home audio video receivers; and professional and “prosumer” products such as DJ controllers. This broad range of products enables users to connect their Apple® iOS or Google® Android OS smartphone devices with ease and provide access and control of stored multimedia content and/or smartphone applications.
“The smartphone has become the source for consumer entertainment. They want to share content from their device(s) and we’re making that happen, whether it’s at home, in the car, or on the go,” said Russ Johnston, executive vice president of Corporate Communications for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “We’re the most smartphone-friendly brand and we are using the latest technologies, including iPhone® 5 connectivity, AppRadio™ Mode, AirPlay™, HTC Connect™, DLNA®, Wireless Direct and Bluetooth®, to give consumers the freedom to enjoy stored audio video entertainment, the latest compatible apps and online content.”
Pioneer Car Electronics Division
Pioneer’s Car Electronics Division is transforming any car into a “connected car,” bringing products designed to meet the consumer’s desire for enhanced integration of entertainment and smartphone connectivity in the car. Pioneer’s in-dash car receivers offer the most smartphone connectivity options for the iPhone 5 and several Android smartphones.
- Multimedia Navigation and DVD Receivers – New connected in-dash products introduced at CES include three navigation receivers and three DVD receivers. As a part of the AppRadio platform, which now consists of a total of thirteen in-dash receivers starting at only $300 suggested retail price, all six systems incorporate Pioneer’s AppRadio Mode (previously known as Advanced App Mode) to provide users the ability to access and control dozens of compatible smartphone apps* through the units’ built-in touchscreen displays.
- iPhone 5 Connectivity – In less than four months, Pioneer was able to develop three different solutions to provide enhanced connectivity between iPhone 5 and a total of thirteen Pioneer in-dash receivers (nine 2013 models and five 2012 models2). Available in the spring, the CD-IH202, CD-IV202AV and CD-IV202NAVI connectivity kits3, in conjunction with an appropriate Apple Lightning adapter from Apple, will give iPhone 5 users the ability to access and control select iPhone 5 apps via the in-dash touchscreen display; to play and control music and videos stored on the iPhone 5; and to play and control the Pandora® internet radio app running on their iPhone 5 via the revolutionary AppRadio and AppRadio Mode interfaces.
- AppRadio Development Center – Pioneer continues to work with many of the most popular services and app developers to deliver the latest and most in demand in-vehicle content from the user’s smartphone to the car. Pioneer’s AppRadio Development Center (www.appradiodev.com) will help grow the library of AppRadio apps*, expediting the development process between Pioneer and third-party app developers by providing the tools necessary for integrating appropriate apps with the AppRadio platform. These tools include the software development kit, technical support, and additional resources to find all of the information necessary from a single central resource portal.
- Latest Apps – Adding to the long list of compatible apps available on the AppRadio platform, new apps have been officially added including those announced at the CES show: iHeartAuto™, Rdio®, Beej!™, Parkopedia®, Glympse®, and Maxthon® Cloud Web Browser, available for the iOS and Android operating systems. The number of applications compatible with the AppRadio platform now totals more than three dozen, ranging from entertainment to navigation apps. A special section of the Pioneer booth has been dedicated to demonstrating the new apps. For a full list of compatible apps on the AppRadio platform, log on to http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/appradio.
Pioneer Home Electronics Division
Pioneer’s Home Electronics Division recognizes that the smartphone has become the preferred source for streaming audio and video entertainment and offers the most connectivity options in the home for today’s smartphone users. Pioneer’s home electronics products integrate the latest and most convenient wireless technology options for sharing smartphone content in the home through AirPlay, DLNA 1.5, Wireless Direct, HTC Connect, and Bluetooth, as well as exclusive apps such as ControlApp and iControlAV2012.
- Wireless Speakers – Pioneer adds to its lineup of whole home audio products by entering the wireless speaker category with its line of SMA series of Wi-Fi® speakers, the XW-SMA1, XW-SMA3 and XW-SMA4. Designed and sound tuned by renowned speaker engineer Andrew Jones, all three models offer AirPlay and DLNA connectivity, as well as an alternative wireless connection called Wireless Direct that allows the speaker to act as its own wireless access point when a network connection is unavailable.
- Networked Home Audio Video Receivers – The full line of networked Pioneer® and Elite® branded audio video receivers will be on display demonstrating support of streaming audio through AirPlay and HTC Connect as well as Pioneer’s proprietary control apps such as ControlApp and iControlAV2012, which allow the user to control and push content from the phone to the audio video receiver via network connection.
- Latest Connectivity – Pioneer is committed to staying at the forefront of technology and continues to offer the latest in connectivity options with the most popular smartphone platforms in the market. Pioneer home products are compatible with the newest iPhone 5 and iPhones running iOS6.
Additionally, Pioneer is the first consumer electronics manufacturer to receive HTC Connect certification and provide a unified connectivity solution for Android smartphone users via HTC Connect technology incorporated in Pioneer’s wireless speakers and AV receivers.
Pioneer DJ Division
Pioneer DJ brings the connected lifestyle into the DJ world with the XDJ-AERO controller, the industry’s first Wi-Fi® DJ system that can wirelessly play music tracks from smart devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers4. The XDJ-AERO allows users to mix and arrange their favorite music tracks stored on their smart devices via Wi-Fi, as well as on USB memory devices and computers via compatible DJ software by way of MIDI. For additional benefits and convenience, the XDJ-AERO also features Wireless Direct, creating its own access point when Wi-Fi isn’t available or not in range, further enabling quick and convenient connectivity with portable smart devices.
More Pioneer Technologies
- Additional products at the booth demonstrating connectivity include Zypr™, Pioneer’s Web API (Application Programming Interface) that aggregates Internet content and integrates it into mobile devices.
- Pioneer continues to incorporate features from popular music listening trends into its products. Pioneer’s MIXTRAX™ music technology brings today’s DJ-centric lifestyle into the car and home settings. To showcase the revolutionary MIXTRAX technology, Pioneer will be featuring Travis Barker’s classic ’51 Chevy Truck equipped with the DEH-X9500BHS CD receiver at its CES booth.
- Continuing its history of innovation in new business categories, Pioneer will display its future cycling technology, the SGX-CA900 high-performance cyclocomputer and the SGY-PM900 wireless water resistant pedaling monitor sensor, designed to improve pedaling technique for serious riders. The cycling technology builds on Pioneer’s heritage in analysis software and provides riders with detailed analysis of their rides to evaluate their performance.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets and is celebrating 75 years of innovation in the consumer electronics industry.
* Read the operation manual as well as all instructions and cautions provided with compatible smartphone apps before use. Become familiar with any applicable state and local laws. Pay attention to the road, limit glances to the device, and do not use any feature if it cannot be operated safely in your location and environment. Distracted driving may result in serious injury, including death.
1 Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT survey – Our Mobile Planet: United States, Understanding the Mobile Consumer (May 2012)
2 Firmware updates and optional cables required.
3 Connectivity kits and Apple Lightning adapter requirements vary by model. For more information, visit www.pioneerelectronics.com/appradio.
4 Requires computer with wireless LAN functions or wireless LAN network.
PIONEER, ELITE, AppRadio and MIXTRAX are trademarks or registered
trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
iPhone and AirPlay are trademarks of Apple Inc.
iHeartAuto is a trademark of Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc.
Parkopedia is a registered trademark of Parkopedia Limited.
Beej! is a trademark of ILS Technologies LLC.
Glympse is a registered trademark of Glympse Inc.
Rdio is a registered trademark of Rdio, Inc.
Maxthon is a registered trademark of Maxthon USA Inc.
DLNA, the DLNA Logo and DLNA Certified are trademarks, service marks, or certification marks of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray are trademarks owned by the Blu-ray Disc Association.
The Bluetooth word mark is registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Pioneer is under license.
HTC and HTC Connect are trademarks of HTC Corporation.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abilit...
Jan. 23, 2017 09:00 AM EST Reads: 5,478
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 23, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,357
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jan. 23, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 6,953
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 23, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,146
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 23, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,040
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 23, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,029
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at Dell EMC, introduced a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organization...
Jan. 23, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 3,383
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 23, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,656
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Jan. 23, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,797
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Jan. 23, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 5,891
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 22, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,054
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 22, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 3,882
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 22, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,700
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 22, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 3,770
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,307
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,842
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 22, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,242
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 22, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 4,401
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 22, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,701
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 22, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,981