|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2010 08:01 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, April 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced it is accelerating the market shift to the next cloud computing paradigm, Cloud 2. The first phase of cloud computing was about leveraging technologies that were low cost, fast and easy to use on your desktop. Cloud 2 represents the next generation of cloud computing, one that is inherently social, collaborative and delivers real-time access to data and information across new mobile devices.
To meet the overwhelming demand for social enterprise apps, and to accelerate the shift to Cloud 2, salesforce.com has extended the Salesforce Chatter private beta program to more than 500 companies, including customers like Enterasys Networks and Saatchi & Saatchi. In addition, the company launched the AppExchange 2, with the ChatterExchange, a new category for social enterprise applications.
Comments on the News
- "We are in the era of Cloud 2, where social networking use has surpassed e-mail, Facebook and YouTube use have outpaced search, and new mobile devices like the iPad are creating entirely new ways to interact with information," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "With today's announcement, salesforce.com is advancing the shift to Cloud 2, where productivity gains are going to come from real-time collaboration available on any device. We've seen the future of enterprise software, and it looks more like Facebook on the iPad than Yahoo on the PC."
- "The best innovations from the consumer Web are moving to the enterprise forcing software to evolve," said Denis Pombriant, principle, Beagle Research. "The next decade will see demands for more sustainable business processes and cloud computing will meet the challenge by continuing to tilt away from the desktop and on-premise infrastructure, toward location independent computing that accesses data in the cloud on any mobile device."
Chatter Brings Cloud 2 to the Enterprise
Companies of all sizes and industries have realized that the cloud computing model can deliver tremendous success -- it is low cost, fast and easy to use. With the rise of Facebook, Google and Twitter, companies are realizing there is a smarter way to harness the power of the social networking services made popular by the consumer Web. Salesforce.com accelerates the move to the next cloud computing paradigm, Cloud 2, with Chatter. Chatter is the first social enterprise collaboration solution with profiles, real-time feeds and status updates for not only people, but apps and data become social as well.
Today salesforce.com has announced that the Chatter beta program has been extended to more than 500 customers due to overwhelming demand. Later this year, all 72,500 salesforce.com customers will receive Chatter at no additional charge, making their deployments immediately social.
Comments on the News
- "Saatchi & Saatchi is beta-testing Chatter and we love it," said Brand DuBose, management director, Saatchi & Saatchi. "Chatter revolutionizes the way our geographically dispersed teams can collaborate and boost productivity from anywhere. With Chatter, our people can change the game by sharing critical information, insights, and best practices to ensure that our biggest ideas and best work are implemented in real-time."
Salesforce.com's Service Cloud 2 Goes Social with Chatter
Salesforce.com has extended the Chatter private beta to more than 250 Service Cloud 2 customers, including Enterasys Networks so they may realize the power of collaborative customer service. Now, the Service Cloud with Chatter allows service agents to stay on top of the most critical customer updates, track service level agreements and knowledge changes, and instantly collaborate with experts across departments to resolve complex customer cases faster, regardless of where the answer may reside. Nearly 9,000 companies are currently using the Service Cloud to realize tremendous benefits. In combining the Service Cloud and Chatter, companies can boost productivity gains by empowering service agents with powerful new capabilities for:
- Monitoring Priority Cases: Service agents can stay on top of high priority cases, updates to critical knowledge articles, and the latest product updates
- Locating Expertise: Service agents can follow experts across their organization and instantly get help from other agents, other departments, or from across the company
- Real-Time Case Collaboration: For high priority cases, service supervisors can assemble the best expertise and information to close complex cases faster
- SLA Management: Salesforce Chatter proactively can alert service agents of upcoming service level agreement milestones that they must meet
- Sales-Service Alignment: Service agents and sales reps can share the latest case and opportunity updates for their customer to ensure good service means good business
Comments on the News
- "Enterasys Networks' swift customer service engagement depends on addressing open cases with the right expertise so reps can resolve particular issues the first time," said Dan Petlon, CIO, Enterasys Networks. "The Service Cloud 2 with Chatter is truly a game-changer in that it allows us to find experts quickly with the power of real-time enterprise collaboration behind each rep."
AppExchange 2 Introduces ChatterExchange: More than Two Dozen New Cloud 2 Apps
Salesforce.com today unveiled the AppExchange 2, which reflects the shift to Cloud 2 and now includes the ChatterExchange, a new category for social enterprise apps. Since its launch in 2005, the AppExchange has been a phenomenal success, having been called the "iTunes of Business Software" by Forbes and winning awards from the SIIA, SD Times and others. With more than 1,000 apps and service listings the AppExchange has reached a number of other amazing milestones:
- Customers have deployed more than 240,000 applications via AppExchange
- More than 40 percent of salesforce.com customers have deployed 1 or more apps via AppExchange
- More than 12,000 leads are passed each month to salesforce.com partners via AppExchange
- Partners on the AppExchange have received more than $800 million in venture capital funding over the last 5 years.
The AppExchange 2 extends the AppExchange's rich history of providing a single location for customers to try and buy new solutions that can extend the benefits of cloud computing with social-enabled enterprise apps. With the shift to Cloud 2, the demand for social-enabled enterprise apps is becoming clear and compelling. Chatter's rich suite of social collaboration components, including profiles, status updates, and real-time feeds are part of Force.com, enabling developers and salesforce.com partners to build new social business apps. The salesforce.com community has already responded to this new innovation opportunity which is reflected in the newly created ChatterExchange.
- More than 12 Chatter-Enabled partner applications are now available in the ChatterExchange on AppExchange 2, including: Appirio, CA, Inc., DocuSign, EchoSign, Fairsail, FinancialForce.com, Genius.com, Jobpartners, Jobscience, ServiceMax, Xactium and more.
- Additionally, more than 15 Force.com Labs apps are available for free in the ChatterExchange on AppExchange 2 to enhance customer Chatter implementations. These include tools and add ons such as: ChatterViz, Chatter Case Triage, Chatter Mass Follower, Chatter Timeline, Chatter Live Tag Cloud, Chatter + Google Alerts, and more.
When Chatter becomes generally available later this year, all 150,000 custom apps built on the Force.com platform can immediately become social.
Comments on the News:
- "CA shares salesforce.com's vision for customer success in the cloud," said Brian Bell, senior vice president and general manager of the Project and Portfolio Management business unit at CA, Inc. "With the social components of the Force.com platform, inherently collaborative processes like agile development can be amplified. Cloud-based apps like CA Agile Vision can now unlock the innovation potential across an entire enterprise."
- "This is a new kind of business collaboration we've never seen before," said Jeremy Roche, CEO, FinancialForce.com. "With these new enterprise social capabilities, our new FinancialForce.com application, Chatterbox, has the potential to tear down the walls between the front and back office. It enables companies to proactively monitor business activity and focus the company around solving the big problems -- improving customer service, driving down costs and increasing the bottom line."
- "Everyday, more companies realize that the cloud computing model liberates the field service function from archaic and cobbled together solutions," said Dave Yarnold, CEO, ServiceMax. "Combining enterprise social capabilities of Chatter with our industry leading field service application will transform the way our customers collaborate, connect and share valuable customer service information across their organizations."
Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Chatter is currently scheduled to be generally available in calendar year 2010. Customers who purchase salesforce.com technologies should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
- Salesforce Chatter will be included in all paid editions of Salesforce CRM and Force.com.
- Service Cloud 2 is available now and pricing starts at $65 per user per month
- AppExchange 2 and ChatterExchange are live today, please visit http://www.appexchange.com/chatter
- Customers should contact partners for pricing and availability of their applications.
- For more information about Salesforce Chatter, please visit http://www.salesforce.com/chatter
- For more information about the ChatterExchange category on the AppExchange 2, please visit http://www.appexchange/chatter
- Follow salesforce.com on Twitter @salesforce and join the conversation with #Cloud2
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and CRM applications (http://www.salesforce.com/crm) have revolutionized the way companies collaborate and communicate with their customers, including:
- The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- The Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Chatter, for social collaboration
- The Force.com platform, for custom application development
- The AppExchange, the world's leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of January 31, 2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 72,500 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Matrix.org has been named “Silver Sponsor” of Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Matrix is an ambitious new open standard for open, distributed, real-time communication over IP. It defines a new approach for interoperable Instant Messaging and VoIP based on pragmatic HTTP APIs and WebRTC, and provides open source reference implementations to showcase and bootstrap the new standard. Our focus is on simplicity, security, and supporting the fullest feature set.
Oct. 20, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 963
Predicted by Gartner to add $1.9 trillion to the global economy by 2020, the Internet of Everything (IoE) is based on the idea that devices, systems and services will connect in simple, transparent ways, enabling seamless interactions among devices across brands and sectors. As this vision unfolds, it is clear that no single company can accomplish the level of interoperability required to support the horizontal aspects of the IoE. The AllSeen Alliance, announced in December 2013, was formed with the goal to advance IoE adoption and innovation in the connected home, healthcare, education, aut...
Oct. 20, 2014 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,465
The Internet of Things (IoT) is making everything it touches smarter – smart devices, smart cars and smart cities. And lucky us, we’re just beginning to reap the benefits as we work toward a networked society. However, this technology-driven innovation is impacting more than just individuals. The IoT has an environmental impact as well, which brings us to the theme of this month’s #IoTuesday Twitter chat. The ability to remove inefficiencies through connected objects is driving change throughout every sector, including waste management. BigBelly Solar, located just outside of Boston, is trans...
Oct. 20, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,070
SYS-CON Events announced today that Red Hat, the world's leading provider of open source solutions, will exhibit at Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, a...
Oct. 20, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,007
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Spansion Inc. (NYSE: CODE), a global leader in embedded systems, today added 96 new products to the Spansion® FM4 Family of flexible microcontrollers (MCUs). Based on the ARM® Cortex®-M4F core, the new MCUs boast a 200 MHz operating frequency and support a diverse set of on-chip peripherals for enhanced human machine interfaces (HMIs) and machine-to-machine (M2M) communications. The rich set of periphera...
Oct. 20, 2014 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 801
The only place to be June 9-11 is Cloud Expo & @ThingsExpo 2015 East at the Javits Center in New York City. Join us there as delegates from all over the world come to listen to and engage with speakers & sponsors from the leading Cloud Computing, IoT & Big Data companies. Cloud Expo & @ThingsExpo are the leading events covering the booming market of Cloud Computing, IoT & Big Data for the enterprise. Speakers from all over the world will be hand-picked for their ability to explore the economic strategies that utility/cloud computing provides. Whether public, private, or in a hybrid form, clo...
Oct. 20, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,814
Software AG helps organizations transform into Digital Enterprises, so they can differentiate from competitors and better engage customers, partners and employees. Using the Software AG Suite, companies can close the gap between business and IT to create digital systems of differentiation that drive front-line agility. We offer four on-ramps to the Digital Enterprise: alignment through collaborative process analysis; transformation through portfolio management; agility through process automation and integration; and visibility through intelligent business operations and big data.
Oct. 20, 2014 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,542
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Oct. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,527
Be Among the First 100 to Attend & Receive a Smart Beacon. The Physical Web is an open web project within the Chrome team at Google. Scott Jenson leads a team that is working to leverage the scalability and openness of the web to talk to smart devices. The Physical Web uses bluetooth low energy beacons to broadcast an URL wirelessly using an open protocol. Nearby devices can find all URLs in the room, rank them and let the user pick one from a list. Each device is, in effect, a gateway to a web page. This unlocks entirely new use cases so devices can offer tiny bits of information or simple i...
Oct. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,719
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, will address the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. How important are public, private, and hybrid cloud to the enterprise? How does one define Big Data? And how is the IoT tying all this together?
Oct. 20, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,559
The Internet of Things (IoT) is going to require a new way of thinking and of developing software for speed, security and innovation. This requires IT leaders to balance business as usual while anticipating for the next market and technology trends. Cloud provides the right IT asset portfolio to help today’s IT leaders manage the old and prepare for the new. Today the cloud conversation is evolving from private and public to hybrid. This session will provide use cases and insights to reinforce the value of the network in helping organizations to maximize their company’s cloud experience.
Oct. 20, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,806
TechCrunch reported that "Berlin-based relayr, maker of the WunderBar, an Internet of Things (IoT) hardware dev kit which resembles a chunky chocolate bar, has closed a $2.3 million seed round, from unnamed U.S. and Switzerland-based investors. The startup had previously raised a €250,000 friend and family round, and had been on track to close a €500,000 seed earlier this year — but received a higher funding offer from a different set of investors, which is the $2.3M round it’s reporting."
Oct. 20, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,490
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, data security and privacy.
Oct. 19, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,452
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. Over the summer Gartner released its much anticipated annual Hype Cycle report and the big news is that Internet of Things has now replaced Big Data as the most hyped technology. Indeed, we're hearing more and more about this fascinating new technological paradigm. Every other IT news item seems to be about IoT and its implications on the future of digital busines...
Oct. 19, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,693
Cultural, regulatory, environmental, political and economic (CREPE) conditions over the past decade are creating cross-industry solution spaces that require processes and technologies from both the Internet of Things (IoT), and Data Management and Analytics (DMA). These solution spaces are evolving into Sensor Analytics Ecosystems (SAE) that represent significant new opportunities for organizations of all types. Public Utilities throughout the world, providing electricity, natural gas and water, are pursuing SmartGrid initiatives that represent one of the more mature examples of SAE. We have s...
Oct. 19, 2014 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,371
The Internet of Things needs an entirely new security model, or does it? Can we save some old and tested controls for the latest emerging and different technology environments? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, will review hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal privacy options and a new risk balance you might not expect.
Oct. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,862
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, will discuss the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. The presentation will also discuss how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics to discuss are barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold.
Oct. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,660
Swiss innovators dizmo Inc. launches its ground-breaking software, which turns any digital surface into an immersive platform. The dizmo platform seamlessly connects digital and physical objects in the home and at the workplace. Dizmo breaks down traditional boundaries between device, operating systems, apps and software, transforming the way users work, play and live. It supports orchestration and collaboration in an unparalleled way enabling any data to instantaneously be accessed on any surface, anywhere and made interactive. Dizmo brings fantasies as seen in Sci-fi movies such as Iro...
Oct. 18, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,816
There’s Big Data, then there’s really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at 6th Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, to discuss how IoT, Big Data and deployments are processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other mach...
Oct. 18, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,888
This Internet of Nouns trend is still in the early stages and many of our already connected gadgets do provide human benefits over the typical infotainment. Internet of Things or IoT. You know, where everyday objects have software, chips, and sensors to capture data and report back. Household items like refrigerators, toilets and thermostats along with clothing, cars and soon, the entire home will be connected. Many of these devices provide actionable data - or just fun entertainment - so people can make decisions about whatever is being monitored. It can also help save lives.
Oct. 18, 2014 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,622